Radio has a mind of it's own

LCowan

I looked through the threads to see if my question could be answered before I posted, but no luck. Has anyone had an issue with the radio coming on by itself? We have a North Trail 24 RBS 2011 and I think the radio is a Jensen (not positive...will check when I go outside today). It's only happened a couple of times now, but weird! Thanks for any input. I haven't been on for awhile....good to be back and read all of the posts.

Lou_and_Bette

I have heard of radios that come on by themselves and it turned out to be the radio had the weather alert function turned on. Check in the menu to see if your radio has this function.

Lynn1130

There are several threads including one I posted some time back and yes some of the radios do that and it is not a weather warning or an alarm set. As far as I have been able to determine it is a glitch with some of these radios. The manufacturer's solution was to sell me a new radio for $300. I solved it because mine has a removable face plate and I took it off and only put it on when I use the radio.

LCowan

There are several threads including one I posted some time back and yes some of the radios do that and it is not a weather warning or an alarm set. As far as I have been able to determine it is a glitch with some of these radios. The manufacturer's solution was to sell me a new radio for $300. I solved it because mine has a removable face plate and I took it off and only put it on when I use the radio.

Thank you for your input. If it continues, we may have to replace it (will check to see if extended warranty covers the radio) or try your idea.

mlpeloquin

It appears to happen on mine when the power turned off, battery switch and rig unplugged, then turned back on. I have the setting set for AUX and the mute set. Now I do not notice it at all.

LCowan

It appears to happen on mine when the power turned off, battery switch and rig unplugged, then turned back on. I have the setting set for AUX and the mute set. Now I do not notice it at all.

Yes I did mention to my husband last night to just turn the volume down or mute it so we don't hear it. I really don't think the neighbors would appreciate it coming on in the middle of the night. Thank you.

CoveredWagon

I thought ours was haunted too, but I discovered that the alarm function was set to on. Turned it off and the ghosts moved out 😂

CLB

Thanks, will be sure to check that.
Factory radio quit working the first month I had the trailer and as soon as I realized it was a 12 volt DC system I got excited and the factory radio is in the trash.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk