Rain Rain Go Away

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Rain Rain Go Away - don't come back til another day. We have had over 5.3" in the last 36 hours and forecast another 2" in the next 24 hours. Hope everyone camping in low areas are safe. The Tennessee River basin is under flood warnings.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Here's the headache the rain caused me the other day. This was at my parents house as I was trying to get my RV out of the barn yard.

Just took a little time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358300364.705080.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358300391.766359.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358300410.000737.jpg

Nabo

Oh my - hope the truck/Cyclone is ok!!! The first picture looks like the Clone is barely touching the bed of the truck.

MCTalley

At least your rain is still liquid. We just spent the day driving through frozen junk.

Attachments

• 230702_4272654664570_1286383173_n.jpg
    230702_4272654664570_1286383173_n.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 82

Nabo

Now that's a wheel art piece. Cool picture but I know it was not fun to drive in.

JanAndBill

I can sympathize with the fellow in the mud. It had already been raining when I pulled my Bighorn out of it's temporary parking space last Wednesday. Even then It took 4 wheel drive to accomplish the task. The idea being that I would drop it at the dealer for some warranty repairs and I would spread gravel while it was gone. Now 7 days later of non stop rain, and the site looks like a huge mud hole. If I'm lucky and it doesn't rain for another week, I'll be able to haul in gravel, and bring it home again.

ncc1701e

Rain Rain Go Away - don't come back til another day. We have had over 5.3" in the last 36 hours and forecast another 2" in the next 24 hours. Hope everyone camping in low areas are safe. The Tennessee River basin is under flood warnings.

Hi Byrd,

We're sitting over at Two Rivers Landing in Seviervelle Landing until Thursday morning. Nice river out back, hope it stays out back. Has Nathan left on his big trip yet?

Tom & Millie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My wife laughed at me when she saw the Cyclone in the mud pulled by the 2012 F350 FX4. I keep telling her not to worry I have a FX4 F350 and it will be able to pull us out of trouble. (I even pulled a stuck Dodge truck out of the mud the other day). Now after showing her the pictures she is saying 'see, I told you so' . Guess the saying is true that "Nothing runs like a Deer" - John Deere that is. :)

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Everything was fine. The trailer is so heavy it just sunk. There was no budging it with the pickup. The tractor on the other hand took no throttle as dad just let it idle in first gear. But here is was stopped me in my tracks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358312407.708640.jpg

You can see where the trailer was sitting. Moved it maybe 5 ft before it found a nice soft spot.

Nabo

Ripplin Waters Campground.JPGThis is Ripplin Waters Campground on Hwy 66 in Sevierville, TN. About 6 campers of the 30 didn't make it out.
Clabough's Campground Pigeon Forge, TN.jpg This is Clabough's Campground-Wears Valley Rd in Pigeon Forge, TN. Haven't heard of damage yet.

scottyb

Anytime I hear someone say "rain go away" it catches my attention. We have been in a drought for the most part for nearly 10 years, with a couple wet years in between. Seems like there is always either too much rain or not enough. Unfortunately we are in such a defecit here in central Texas, that it will take a lot of flooding to catch up.

Attachments

• Lake Travis.jpg
    Lake Travis.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 28