Ready for Florida

CTD2005

Well, we are all packed up, 5er is all washed up, tw is all washed up. Ready to pull out Tuesday as soon as I get off work. Tampa, Florida bound to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. Staying at Lazy Days Campground in Seffner. Looks like the weather is going to be great while we are there. :cool:

jbeletti

Awesome! We left FL last Tuesday and now that I'm back in TN, I caught a cold :(

Have fun in the sun and warmth.

CTD2005

I'm ready for some fresh Grouper from Johns Pass, some good Greek food from Tarpon Springs & some good Cuban food from Tampa. Making me hungry just typing this in, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTD2005

Hey Jim, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in East TN, in a small town called Corryton, on the east side of Knoxville. I still have tons of family in East TN. My wife and I have been talking about going back up and staying in Cades Cove. It's been a couple of years since we have been in the Smokies.

Nick

CTD2005

Travel safe... the weather is supposed to be nice.. has been in the 50's here at night and low 70's during the day. :)

Thanks, it looks like we wont even need to run the ac. The weather looks great! We are ready to get back for a couple of weeks. :cool:

Nick

CTD2005

We made to the Florida welcome center with only one delay at the tunnel in Alabama.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353534900.558405.jpg

jbeletti

Hey Jim, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in East TN, in a small town called Corryton, on the east side of Knoxville. I still have tons of family in East TN. My wife and I have been talking about going back up and staying in Cades Cove. It's been a couple of years since we have been in the Smokies.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I live in Crossville. About 75 miles west of Knoxville on I-40. Been here about a year. Moved here from Chicago. We love it here so far. We're in an RV home community.

CTD2005

We made it to Camping World in Tallahassee to stop for the night and when I got out of the truck I smelled something hot. Looks like I might have a bearing or axle problem.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353553595.673568.jpg

Rob_Fla

Hot Bearing = Not Good

Welcome to Florida !!!

We are heading to Disney's Fort Wilderness on Sunday for a week to see all the Christmas stuff

CTD2005

Thanks Rob! Happy Thanksgiving & safe travels. CW will be open tomorrow & we will have it fixed then continue down to Tampa.

CTD2005

Inner & outer bearings both went out. They were full of grease still. Jacked it up and it pulled off without ever taking off a lug nut. Talk about being blessed and looked after. That could have been really bad if it came off going down the interstate. Can't get parts until Monday so we are camping at Camping World, lol. At least we have hook ups & they are free.
hub.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
CTD, if you don't have parts yet, consider asking CW if they will get you USA made bearings and seal. It might cost a little extra but worth the peace of mind. Safe travels to you for the rest of the trip north.

Rob_Fla

Looks like there is no support under the axle with the wheel off.

If so, all that sides trailer weight is on one wheel, axle and spring assembly?

VKTalley

Hot Bearing = Not Good

Welcome to Florida !!!

We are heading to Disney's Fort Wilderness on Sunday for a week to see all the Christmas stuff

HI Rob,
Can you give us your impressions of Fort Wilderness? Malcolm and I are looking at going there in late January/early February for a visit.

Thanks!

MdMike

We have stayed at Ft Wilderness over Spring break for the past 2 years. Headed there again this Spring.

We generally get a premium site. All of the sites are immaculate. The premium sites have everything (w,e,s,cable) are perfectly level and spacious.

We stay on a pet loop(they rotate the pet loops every year).

The staff is polite, prompt to respond to a problem and very knowledgable.

The restrooms, laundry rooms are kept spotless.

The pools are perfect temps and immaculate.

Plenty of free transportation to the parks via shuttles in the park as well as out of the park, boats also do some transport to the parks as well.

If you want to roam freely thru the park a golf cart or a bicycle (at a minimum) is almost necessary. While I noted the transportation inside the campground, the bus runs about every 20 mins or so.

We take our son to the Backyard BBQ and for kids find this the best value for food as well as entertainment and interaction with several characters that are accessible for the entire 2 hours or so of the show. Plenty of food to include beer/wine and ice cream land other items for desert. The main dishes include BBQ Ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, Mac cheese, salads and various other items.

When we go this year we will venture out to Sea World and Universal Studios.

We looked at many other campgrounds in the area there and have decided to stay at FT. Wilderness as we know exactly what we will get as far as amenities!