Rear Bunk Ladder

smp2000

Hi All.... I just picked up my 32BUDS and the rear bunk above the entertainment center has no ladder. I am curious if it should have one???
When I did the PDI walk through the dealer said unless your kids weigh 200lbs to just step on the cabinet. Anyone else have similar situation?

hnt105-3.jpg

ZNK

Hmm... I have the 29 BUDS and have the ladder. It looks like your set up is a bit different than ours. You may want to consider buying a small step ladder. I certainly wouldnt have children climbing on the shelves.

danemayer

smp2000,

If you don't get a definitive response from another 32BUDS owner, on Monday give Heartland Customer Service a call at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready. They'll be able to tell you for sure.

All of the '13 32BUDS models I've seen do not have the ladder, but earlier model years do. My guess is the ladder was deleted to add more space for a bigger TV and additional storage.

CliffP

Our 2012 has the ladder where your rear cabinet is. Olyfire (I think) had a mod with a clothes bar and shelf behind the ladder. It's on the list.

smp2000

Thanks to everyone for your help... I will give Heartland a call to be sure, but will probably just get a small folding step stool. I didn't think standing on a cabinet was a very good idea...

ZNK

No that sounds like terrible advice... Lets be honest. Heartland products are nice, but not that nice! :)

smp2000

I talked to Heartland and they agreed standing on the cabinets is NOT a good idea... This setup does not include the ladder so it looks like a step ladder is the answer... Thanks again to everyone for your input!

Last edited:

CliffP

A Little Giant might work good for you. They are good and stable and could be extended to get on top of your rig if needed.

Mark775

We also have 2013 32buds. We didn't know about the rear entertainment changes (less storage) and missing ladder until the day of pick up. We ordered ares though the dealer. The dealer explained that he has NO control of the changes Heartland makes and that they don't call the dealer every time there is a change in there brochure. He was very rude about it to say the least. They sent us a ladder, when it arrived it was a silver aluminum ladder. Doesn't go very well with the decor. It was never used. Not sure how Heartland can get away with building a bed so high with no ladder.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Mark775.
It kinda sounds like your dealer could have the changes a little bit more palatable for you. He should be helpful, not rude.
If you read the obligatory fine print on the brochure it says something like 'we reserve the right to make changes'. They all do.
Some people have purchased or made a wooden ladder for replacement.
Time to wait for spring time and enjoy that new North Trail.

Peace
Dave