Rear Window (not the movie)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I finally completed a long overdue modification to our rear window. We were never happy with the Day/Night shades back there, especially the wife. She had a real hard time with them and they were crooked as could be. So today, we took our dimensions to the Lowe's in Gaylord and had some Levolor vertical blinds cut to spec, while we waited. So much nicer. I was able to reuse the original valance, but the lammy-kins are destined for the trash.

Anybody need a 46 x 70 Day/Night shade??

The new ones are kitty-cat approved for viewing.

JohnDar

Looks good - but whats up with the cat on the chair without the blanket?

I asked her, but she's so clever all she did was hold up one claw on her front paw in response. They pretty much get the run of the place (other than the dining table). That's what vacuum cleaners and pet hair rollers are for. They're strictly indoors, so I'm not overly concerned with catching any cooties.

Bobby A

Yea, it looks GREAT John, its something I've thought about doing also. I've often wondered how they will do while traveling ??

Bobby

JohnDar

Yea, it looks GREAT John, its something I've thought about doing also. I've often wondered how they will do while traveling ??

Bobby

With the recliners in close and tying them open with a large rubber band, they should travel fine. We'll know in a couple of weeks, anyways.

Thanks to all for the compliments.:D

olcoon

I've just gotta ask...is the tent I saw out the back window, really your "dog house"? My DW says my dog house is in the basement, and she even lets me have a cardboard box for my clothes! She's too good to me!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looks great John. It appears you removed the side bolsters and I'm guessing here but did you re-attach the valance a few inches further out for clearance on the verticals?

Ah, I get it now. The lammy-kins are the side bolsters.

JohnDar

Looks great John. It appears you removed the side bolsters and I'm guessing here but did you re-attach the valance a few inches further out for clearance on the verticals?

Ah, I get it now. The lammy-kins are the side bolsters.

Yep, I moved the top valence forward about an inch to allow for clearance of the vanes and attached the header to it. Sounded out some better spots to run the screws in, too. Some of the original ones missed the supports of the cabinets and were only in the thin plywood bottom panel.

Yes, lammy-kins are lambroquins, side bolsters, those crappy things on the side that fall apart on contact. I'll salvage some of the darker material off them to make close-outs for the rear legs of the valence and glue them to the bit of exposed wood on the inside surface. A little putty to fill in the holes in the wall, and it's a done deal.

As for the green tent in the photos, so far I have not been relegated to living in it. Weather permitting, it's our outdoor dining area. To keep myself in good staid, I have not taught the wife EVERYTHING there is to know about maintaining the trailer. Such as when to dump the black tank so her butt don't get wet. Or changing the propane tanks so her tush don't get cold. Little things, which as Red Green likes to say: "If the women can't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy." :D

ParkIt

I like the look of that and if kitty approves, its all good :)

Once our neurotic cats shred the side valance and chew on the wood blinds I'll copy-cat your new look ;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I dunno Ray, kind of looks like Italian with modern day Latin...or the names of 4 cats ;)
Look what I found!

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (roughly translated means "When all else fails play dead" - from the Red Green TV show's Possum Lodge Motto)

I think 4 cat names would be better though...

ParkIt

rotfl - way to go Ray! I knew it sounded familiar but couldn't quite place it....

Red Green has been a favorite show since it started airing here about 1995 - my DH uses that motto every time he goofs something up :p

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
Nice job! Not only my DW wishes me to "think about it" she also WANTS to get a table such as what you have between the recliners. Where did you get it?