Receiver Hitch Install

teasac69

I have a BH3875FB and as everyone knows it does not have a rear bumper. I want to install a receiving hitch on my coach to provide a support device for a platform for a generator that could be packed when needed or left behind when it is not. I also don't want to add the 200 lbs of extra weight to the nose of the coach and rather have this 200 lbs on the rear of the unit.

Does anyone have any experience installing a receiving hitch on the Big Horn, does the under frame permit this type of install? can Heartland provide a blueprint or layout for the type of frame and/or size of the frame to support a receiver hitch?

thanks always for your great feedback.

jnbhobe

I have one on my rig about 24 X 72. Tubes are welded to the frame rails and the rack slides into them.I carry a 3K handa on it plus some other stuff.

teasac69

I have one on my rig about 24 X 72. Tubes are welded to the frame rails and the rack slides into them.I carry a 3K handa on it plus some other stuff.
would you be willing to send me some pictures? I can visualize what you're suggesting but obviously pictures would help to make it real to develop my plan. thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I copied this from member Jnbhobe.
It is just two receivers each welded to the flange of the I-beam frame.
It will support a lot of weight.

On edit, looks like Jon was busy replying while I was looking for pics.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359221512151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221512151.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359221482111.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221482111.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359221468151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221468151.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 58

AAdams

If you go HERE you will see how Oregon81 designed a hitch for BC. The thread shows different mods that people did. Appears to be a pretty solid hitch. The 2 receivers posted earlier also seems like a very good idea. You may be able to combine the ideas to make one better. Oregon81's bolt on frame and 2 receivers...