Red Yellow and white wire's coming into back of TV

1231ChaseB

Hi Everyone ! I'm very puzzled about the 2 set's of red yellow and white wire's that plug into the back of the TV ! I understand that one set of these wire's come from the DVD player ! Ok so what is the second set of red yellow and white wire's coming from or going to or whatever ?
chaseb
2010 Cyclone 3912

Theresau

Are all three connected? The yellow is for video.

Hi Everyone ! I'm very puzzled about the 2 set's of red yellow and white wire's that plug into the back of the TV ! I understand that one set of these wire's come from the DVD player ! Ok so what is the second set of red yellow and white wire's coming from or going to or whatever ?
chaseb
2010 Cyclone 3912

danemayer

Are you the original owner? If not, maybe the prior owner had a satellite receiver or something else connected to the TV and didn't want to bother retrieving the cable.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It is probably connected to the Television in the back garage area. I know our previous fifth wheel toy hauler had the DVD player hooked up the to television and then another set of component cables went from the television output back to the television in the back garage so that television could watch a DVD simultaneous to the television of front.

The Red and White cables are your stereo (right and left channel) and as Joe and Theresa said, the yellow is your video. Hope this helps.

Rod Ditrich

ParkIt

If you are the 2nd owner the first ones may have had an X-box or another recording/playback device hooked up.
Wire color combinations for non-HD televisions:
Red+White= Audio
Yellow=Picture/Video
Two sets indicate there is room for another external device.

If you have an upgraded HD television you would see a combination of blue+green+red for video and red+white for audio.

1231ChaseB

I am the original owner ! When i unhook one set of wire's i lose the signal from the dvd player and when i unhook the other set it affect's nothing !
chaseb

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Does the back of the television say whether the second set is plugged into an input or output? Do you have a television in the back? If so, put a DVD in your DVD player and begin playing turn the television on in the back and change the input to the component cables and see if the DVD playing up front comes on.

Rod Ditrich

ParkIt

I am the original owner ! When i unhook one set of wire's i lose the signal from the dvd player and when i unhook the other set it affect's nothing !
chaseb
You got lucky in a sense, the second set is either for playing both televisions or hooking up to an external player. You can configure it to do both but would have to unplug one set if you are switching between dual televisions to a DVD player or Xbox.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
On mine the second set goes to a cabinet area where you can put external DVD or VCR player and the ports are in the cabinet

1231ChaseB

I've been from one end of that camper to the other looking for another set of these red yellow and white plug in's ! I sure hate to have to start taking thing's apart to see where these wire's go !
chaseb

1231ChaseB

OK i think i finally figured this thing out ! Standing there looking at the DVD player , lo and behold right below it there is this red yellow and white plug in ! I assume it goes straight to the TV ? Maybe a way to hook up a game or another DVD player ?????
chaseb

porthole

Retired
OK i think i finally figured this thing out ! Standing there looking at the DVD player , lo and behold right below it there is this red yellow and white plug in ! I assume it goes straight to the TV ? Maybe a way to hook up a game or another DVD player ?????
chaseb

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner :rolleyes:

We changed out the TV to a Sony and don't use any of those wires anymore. Also put a standalone Sony BR player under the TV connected with a HDMI cable.