refrigerator cooling fins loose?

Bri

We have a 2011 North Country with a Norcold N611 refrigerator. Regarding the cooling fins inside the refrigerator, at the bottom right corner they are a little loose. Is this a problem? Do I need to re-seal the fins to the back of the refrigerator? If so, what type of adhesive/sealant do I need? I can move the bottom corner back and forth about 1/8".
Also, the cooling fins have some discoloration, I think there is some oxidation present. Mostly on the edges and at the back. See photo. At first I thought it was mold but after carefully trying to remove it with vinegar then warm soapy water with not a bit of success I thought it could be oxidation. The spots at the back are kind of yellowish, on the lower edges of the fins there are what almost look like hard water stains. If it is oxidation should I clean the fins? Maybe MAAS cream? I hate to fiddle with those fins at all. Also there is visible rust on the bracket holding the sensor to the fin.

Any advice? Thanks

Attachments

• fridgefins.jpg
    fridgefins.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 34

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bri, I wish I could help but I know nothing about your situation. I'd suggest calling Dometic and ask for some technical advice from them.
I can tell you though that those fins are sharp and will cut skin when trying to remove frost.:eek:

CactusTwo

Must be pretty humid in your area, the dark spots is oxidation on the aluminum fins and is permanent, nothing tragic, so are mine. Screws are unfortunately cheap zinc plated and will rust when humid....to bad they didn't use stainless steel screws but it was more expensive. The loose fins are not a real problem as long as they don't fall off as they are conductive cooling fins and only need airspace around them to work, so keep the refer defrosted. Don't cut you fingers, use a hair drier.:rolleyes: