Refrigerator placements

Bones

Just a wild thought on the refrigerators and a suggestion for placement. I have noticed a few discussions on the refrigerators with winterization of them when in use during winter months and some issues with the lines. Has someone thought of moving the refrigerators inboard of the Campers instead of always having them in the slide. This would provide the ability to have a dedicated line drop off behind the fridge in a conditioned space, and a fixed point that does not move. Just a thought.

jbeletti

In some floor plans, the refer is not in a slide. I think the issue is that by taking that huge box and pushing it out, it simply frees up more interior space and that's why it's more prevalent.

On the plus side, in addition to what you already mentioned, a gas absorption style refer is usually more efficient when it's not in a slide as the heat generated by it vents directly above it.

Bones

In some floor plans, the refer is not in a slide. I think the issue is that by taking that huge box and pushing it out, it simply frees up more interior space and that's why it's more prevalent.

On the plus side, in addition to what you already mentioned, a gas absorption style refer is usually more efficient when it's not in a slide as the heat generated by it vents directly above it.
I can see that with some smaller floor plans the space just is not there but a lot of the 5th wheels are very large and I see the plans online if slightly rearranged they would have room for a reefer and then some.