Replacement Tires for 2017 Gateway 2700 PTB?

SeaConquest

Our 2017 Heartland Gateway 3700 PTB is coming off the assembly line this week. It is supposed to have "upgraded radial tires." I have no idea if these are different from the usual Blowmax tires, which I would want to replace asap. Any Gateway owners know? Which replacement tires do you recommend?

SeaConquest

Our 2017 Heartland Gateway 3700 PTB is coming off the assembly line this week. It is supposed to have "upgraded radial tires." I have no idea if these are different from the usual Blowmax tires, which I would want to replace asap. Any Gateway owners know? Which replacement tires do you recommend?

So, they can install Goodyear G614s on the Gateway for us. Does anyone know if we need to upgrade the wheels as well, or can we just put the 614s on our OEM wheels?

mlpeloquin

If the OEM wheels are 16" and rated for 110psi, then yes you can put the Goodyear G614's on the Gateway.

danemayer

So, they can install Goodyear G614s on the Gateway for us. Does anyone know if we need to upgrade the wheels as well, or can we just put the 614s on our OEM wheels?

If the factory is doing the upgrade to GY G614s, the upgrade will include wheels rated at 110 psi. If at the dealer, you'll have to get their up front commitment for 110 psi wheels and check their work.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My new 2017 Sundance came with Trailer KIng tires rated at 80 psi...I called Tredit Tire to find out the PSI Rating on the wheels before it left the line. They indicated they are only using 110 psi wheels. I upgraded to Goodyear G614's.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would hope that if someone was going to put 110 PSI tires on 80 PSI wheels the tire shop would warn the customer about this and not install them on the wrong rims.

SeaConquest

My new 2017 Sundance came with Trailer KIng tires rated at 80 psi...I called Tredit Tire to find out the PSI Rating on the wheels before it left the line. They indicated they are only using 110 psi wheels. I upgraded to Goodyear G614's.

The factory rep said that he believes the wheels are 110 psi, but like yours, they are Trailer King tires. I asked the dealership to see if they can put the Saliuns on; otherwise, we will spend the money on the GY 614s.

My husband and I have been totally blindsided by this tire issue. I wish we had known before we cut the check to the dealer. I would have negotiated for replacement tires in the deal. It completely sucks having to put new tires on a brand new rig. I know you guys feel our pain.

Heartland really needs to fix this tire issue.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Discount Tire gave me $75 per tire on trade when they put on the G614's...even though the were new tires they have to be resold as used.