Replacment floor vents with dampers

SHerrick

I replaced the ones in our Bighorn with nicer looking ones from Lowes. They had the louvers in them, but they are too deep to work with the louvers open. I took the louvers completely out and they look so much better than the old ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHerrick

As for the dirt, these aren't screwed down, so they are much easier to remove and clean under.

Cabindoc

Hey JohnD, I know you just wanted to "vent". Couldn't resist. I too went with the HD ones and did a partial close in bathroom. I also keep bathroom door open when heat is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksucats

We have a slightly different issue - we have a vent on the second step going up to the bathroom and bedroom. Heated air comes out of there and hits the thermostat. We don't get heat anywhere once that happens. Have been using a towel to block it, forces the air into the bathroom and bedroom then. Need to get something to close that vent off so appreciate the HD suggestion.

TxCowboy

We have a slightly different issue - we have a vent on the second step going up to the bathroom and bedroom. Heated air comes out of there and hits the thermostat. We don't get heat anywhere once that happens. Have been using a towel to block it, forces the air into the bathroom and bedroom then. Need to get something to close that vent off so appreciate the HD suggestion.

Shoot, I totally forgot about that one. You're right -- there are five vents, not four. Off to buy another one!

EDIT: The heater vent under the stairs is a different size that the other four found in the Key West. Much smaller than others.

SHerrick

Can you post a pic? I am curious to see what they look like.

219b0b2584049f7fc631baad7dcca456.jpg
89460ee427d6ef2996100f26f00044d8.jpg

Here are a couple shots on the linoleum.