Right Caulk?

hcriddle

I called Heartland and ordered the new led recessed lights for my Bighorn and while I was at it ordered caulk so that I could re-caulk all the seams, windows, doors and seal everything up good. The parts lady asked if I wanted the self leveling and I told her no that I needed the regular caulk for doors and windows. I got it today and it is the Sikaflex 502 self leveling. Can I use this on the windows and doors and seams or do I need to send this back and get something else?

aatauses

The Sikaflex material is great--I was not aware that it comes in self-leveling??? I would call HL back and ask them.
To get a good bead, consider putting some on the coach and smoothing with a wet finger dipped in Windex.
al

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Buddy... I just got some from heartland to replace a running light and they sent me Bondaflex SIL SERIES 100 (100% RTV silicone sealant/adhesive - Acetoxu Cure) I think the self leveling 502 is intended for roof top stuff like around vents, seams, a/c and such.

hcriddle

Buddy... I just got some from heartland to replace a running light and they sent me Bondaflex SIL SERIES 100 (100% RTV silicone sealant/adhesive - Acetoxu Cure) I think the self leveling 502 is intended for roof top stuff like around vents, seams, a/c and such.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have two tubes of the self leveling stuff from Goshen so I didn't need anymore of that but I wanted to re-caulk the whole trailer. I will give them a call in the morning and see if I can get the right stuff headed this way. Thanks for the help.

Eddhuy

I found this on the internet and at camping world. Proflex RV Flexible Sealant. Has anyone used this before?

hcriddle

I found this on the internet and at camping world. Proflex RV Flexible Sealant. Has anyone used this before?

I have not tried that. I contacted Heartland and they have the right caulk on the way. The Sikaflex is about half the price at Heartland than I found at Camping World. I wanted to stay with the same caulk the factory uses.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I've used this. It's very "gummy" and hard to get a nice smooth line. Heartland asked what caulk I was using when they examined our trailer. They didn't care for it. They gave me a tube of SIL 100 Series Bondaflex. This was in Gillette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

LBallard

Speaking of re-caulking, How does one remove the old caulk without tearing the decals? I've tried the cauk strippers to no avail. There always seems to be some decal that comes off with the old caulk.

Any thoughts on caulk removal without tearing decals?