Road Trip 2013

TXTiger

Headed out of San Diego yesterday for my 2013 road trip, the Gettysburg Rally and the National Rally in Goshen. Got on the I-15 north and it started to rain on the freeway on ramp! Connected to the I-40 east at Barstow and the rain stopped but the wind did not. Made it to Flagstaff AZ and spent the night in the Pilot/Flying J parking lot. Today, Tue continued on I-40 east to Amarillo TX. Staying in a RV Park for the night. Plan on getting to Fort Smith AK tomorrow and Nashville on Thurs. maybe stay in Nashville till Sun and then head to Gettysburg?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tony, travel safe! Looks like a lot of hours behind the wheel. We'll see you In Goshen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TXTiger

Update. Day 3. Drove from Armarillo TX to just west of Little Rock AR. Stoping for the night in a Wal Mart parking lot in Russelville AR. heading to Nashville tomorrow. So far good weather, no rain, but strong winds.

aatauses

Travel safe--the last time we did I 40--thought it was one of the roughest road we had been on---and that includes AK.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

TXTiger

Update Day 4: Arrived in Nashville. Staying at Nashville Country RV Park. Nice park. Weather is great, just a little humid. A few spaces down from me is a new Cyclone 4100, a few spaces past that is a Big Horn and in the next row is an Elkridge. Didn't get to talk to the Elkridge, but spoke to the Big Horn owners and the Cyclone owners. Neither will be able to make the national rally in Goshen. Staying here 2 nights (Thurs and Fri) and heading to Gettysburg on Sat. along the I-81. Hope to make it in 2 days. Will keep you all posted.

olcoon

Sounds like you are having a good time Tony, I assume you've got the Harley & are logging some miles on it?!

jimtoo

Slow down Tony... your covering to many miles to fast... :) Enjoy the views and visiting with the other folks. :)

See you in June.

Jim M

TXTiger

Yes Roy I got the Harley but its is raining in Nashville, staying with the F-350 for transportation for now.

Yes Jim, I drove from CA to TN in 4 days but stopping here for a couple of days. Looking forward to seeing you again in June at Goshen.

TXTiger

Update day 6 (Sat 5/11). Left Nashville this AM. Rained most of the day. Didn't make it to Roanoke VA so I am stopped at a Flying J parking lot for the night. Nashville was fun. Took a bus tour and spent some time at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Will get to Gettysburg tomorrow. Check in Monday at Drummer Boy. Hope to do a battlefield tour on horseback on Tue.