Roof delaminating

Tidyboy

My 9 year old 25’ Wliderness is showing delamination/separation of the roof cap from whatever is below it. This is occurring at two spots on the driver side. Who has had experience with this and what did you do? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    727.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5988.jpeg
    IMG_5988.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 26

rhodies1

It looks like the rubber roof is splitting. Contact Dicor and tell them you have pics of the issue. It should have a 12 yr warranty on the product. They may offer you some money , maybe new roofing materiel, ( installed at your expense) or they may feel it is from lack of maintenance. You will not know until you contact them.

Tidyboy

Oh my. I know a Grand Design owner who fought that fight and lost. And his trailer was only three years old. His roof rolled back from the front. They claimed the 12 year warranty was invalid because he did not inspect the roof before each use and didn’t keep a written log.

sengli

If it were me, I would buy some of that eternabond roof tape, and just repair, re-enforce that seam all the way around. Clean it first with some alcohol, and tape away. It comes in some smaller widths, and is almost indestructible after it is applied. I always carry some with me, for repairs on the road just in case.

pjones1969

Contact Dicor, worse thing that could happen is they say no, but you might come out of it with a check and all materials to replace your roof, it’s worth a shot.

Tidyboy

If it were me, I would buy some of that eternabond roof tape, and just repair, re-enforce that seam all the way around. Clean it first with some alcohol, and tape away. It comes in some smaller widths, and is almost indestructible after it is applied. I always carry some with me, for repairs on the road just in case.
My son gave me that same advice, so naturally I reject it as nonsense. Just kidding. I think I need to do this. But I wonder is eternabond the same as butyl tape? I already have some of that which I used on a boat hatch seal.

rhodies1

Eternabond is different. Contact Dicor before you put anything on the roof. They are usually good to deal with and you have nothing to lose

willystwin

My FUEL 260 is Brand NEW I contacted Heartland because it has a bubble 1 and a half inches wide and 5 ft long on the rubber roof they are trying to denigh the claim saying a lot of their rv's Have a lot of bubbles on rubber roofs...If this is the quality of their products i will never buy another one!

Dahillbilly

My FUEL 260 is Brand NEW I contacted Heartland because it has a bubble 1 and a half inches wide and 5 ft long on the rubber roof they are trying to denigh the claim saying a lot of their rv's Have a lot of bubbles on rubber roofs...If this is the quality of their products i will never buy another one!
own a 2018 Torque 5er it's had & still has various bubbles in the roof membrane; never had an issue todate!! The membranes are not glued down over the whole roof surface, I just check it & write the dates down regularly in case I do have a issue at some point.

pjones1969

own a 2018 Torque 5er it's had & still has various bubbles in the roof membrane; never had an issue todate!! The membranes are not glued down over the whole roof surface, I just check it & write the dates down regularly in case I do have an issue at some point.
You should contact Dicor as well, even if you don’t intend to replace at this time, the time may come when you will need to.

See attached, I took option 2 and had RV Flex Armor installed

Attachments

• Warranty 1-5 Updated.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 8