Route cable from ladder mounted antenna inside RV

Torch7565

I am going to mount a Halo network extender antenna to the ladder going up the rear of my Bighorn 3570RS. I've looked around and can't see an obvious place to route the coax cable from the antenna into the living room. Any ideas?

danemayer

Have you already got the Halo? From the specs, it seems like it's just a very pricey 9 dBi antenna and a MiFi device. If you've already tried it, does it live up to the claims in the brochure?

You can drill a hole through the rear cap of your Bighorn. Measure inside and out 4 or 5 times to ensure you know where the bit will come through on the interior. The roof material is draped over the back before the cap is installed, so you may be going through the rubber membrane, which will twist a little around the drill bit. A clamshell wire cover over the entry point will protect from water intrusion.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Torch7565 and welcome to this great forum. Lots of great info here.
I think you might have a few options in running your cable.
You could just drill a hole through to the outside from inside a rear cabinet, this is assuming you have cabinets over the rear window.
You could use one of these to cover it.
Or you could use one of these.
Good luck and let us see some pics when your mod is complete.

Peace
Dave

Torch7565

Have you already got the Halo? From the specs, it seems like it's just a very pricey 9 dBi antenna and a MiFi device. If you've already tried it, does it live up to the claims in the brochure?

You can drill a hole through the rear cap of your Bighorn. Measure inside and out 4 or 5 times to ensure you know where the bit will come through on the interior. The roof material is draped over the back before the cap is installed, so you may be going through the rubber membrane, which will twist a little around the drill bit. A clamshell wire cover over the entry point will protect from water intrusion.

Thanks Danemayer. So far it isn't working "for me". It works according to the tech support guy but I'm unable to get any benefit out of it. Can't stay locked on to any wifi signal. I'm an an Air Force famcamp and the tech rep says there is a lot of interference from USAF. I'll try again from a different place on our next move and if it works THEN I'll look into cutting holes.
Appreciate the response, thanks.

And thanks to Cookie for the good ideas.