RV toilet paper or single ply regular TP

patrick1945

I was also told by this fellow 3055 owner that he has used much cheaper Walmart single ply toilet paper instead of the double ply RV T.P. for 8 years without any problem.

Experiences and opinions out there?

CrazyScotsman

We use Scotts extra soft. It is septic safe and dealer told us it was safe to use . He told us not to use the Charmin that we use at home, it puffs up and causes problems. No problem in the last month that I have lived in Big Horn full time using the Scotts.
Hope this helps.
Cheers ... Ken

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was also told by this fellow 3055 owner that he has used much cheaper Walmart single ply toilet paper instead of the double ply RV T.P. for 8 years without any problem.

Experiences and opinions out there?

Any single ply will work.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We have used most any single ply tissue for almost two years with no problems. We do also use the 5 Star Happy Camper chemical in our black tank and have never seen any solids coming out of the black tank when I dump it. We even use single ply Charmin at times with no problems. We highly recommend the 5 Star Happy Camper for the black tank

Don

Fordsd250

Do the test. Put different types of TP each in a container of water for 5 min and then swirl them around and see how they break down. Then you can chose the right one.:p

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been using Angel Soft. It is septic safe, readily available, reasonably priced and works great. It is cheaper than RV specific paper and you can get it in small or large packaging. Been using it for years without issues.

HRAI

Just be careful to use more than one square at a time! I hate it when my fingers go through!!!

Delaine and Lindy

Angel Soft, just as good if not better than RV type. You can do the test put a sheet of each in water and see which will break up. GBY...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I agree with Gus !!!! No pictures please..

We use Scotts like Ken.. Never used Angel Soft.. Now DW wants to try it..

I don't care just as long as my fingers don't go through.

Like one person said.. You can get what you want.
1 sheet 1ply
2 Sheets 2ply
3 sheets 3ply

but 10 sheets are a little much.:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Been RVing for many years and have always used Scott's...never had any problems with any of our black tanks...dissolves just fine!

Paul & Nan

Had RV potties since early 60's and always the same rule, don't care what tissue you use, keep a covered can by the can and put the paper in it. Have known of to many RV's that sat awhile before dumping and had "cement" in them from paper and "crap" forming in the tank. Why take a chance--Put only natures stuff down, use whatever you want to clean up nature.

wyleyrabbit

Had RV potties since early 60's and always the same rule, don't care what tissue you use, keep a covered can by the can and put the paper in it. Have known of to many RV's that sat awhile before dumping and had "cement" in them from paper and "crap" forming in the tank. Why take a chance--Put only natures stuff down, use whatever you want to clean up nature.

Ummm...ewww. :eek:

I'd rather use a good paper that dissolves than have something icky sitting in a covered stinky container anywhere. Especially in the summer heat. Yuck. :confused:

We've used Scott paper without any issue so far.

On another note, what chemicals do people feel is best? We're currently using the TST Orange, and have not noticed any odour or other problems.

Cheers,
Chris

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Wabbit.. It is me the Bobcat... Hee Hee..
We love Wabbits....

You have just asked one of those questions that start a lot of discussions. I have read of all sorts of methods from macerators to the Geo method. Here is what I have read from those that have been RVing for a long time and from many Rv Parks.

Don't use any chemicals. Use plenty of water each use. Dump when you are about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Rinse numerous time when dumping.

Using chemicals will kill the natural Bio breakdown and is only covered up by the perfume added to cover the smell.

I have not use any chemicals since we got our Big Horn and have no problem. You need to make sure your toilet has a seal and keeps a bit of water in the bowl. This keeps a smell from permeating into the trailer.

Many parks ask that you do not us chemicals in your tank because they do not know what every one is using. Many of these will damage their septic system.