RV work around Terrell, TX

travis_g

I know some of you live/lived in near Terrell and hoped you might share where you get your wheel & tire work done as well as a good place to get it inspected.

Thanks!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know some of you live/lived in near Terrell and hoped you might share where you get your wheel & tire work done as well as a good place to get it inspected.

Thanks!

Travis, we had our trailer inspected at the Kwik Kar next to Walgreens. Parked it on the side street, they came out and checked it over. Then when done just turn around in the Tractor Supply parking lot.

As far as bearing work, we took our rig to Mount Pleasant to a Big Tex trailer repair place that was an authorized Dexter service center. There are probably other places go go, but we wanted someone that knew what they were doing with Dexter trailer axels.

We've purchased trailer tires from Discount Tire (the chain) in Rockwall. (We lifted our trailer ourselves so they would not use jacks on the axels). I can tell you the best way to get there and get in and out of their parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstarwal

Traveltiger. Where should our trailer br lifting from. We always use the point under the shock mount

Jack & Lynette

TravelTiger

Traveltiger. Where should our trailer br lifting from. We always use the point under the shock mount

Jack & Lynette

Jack, check the axle manufacturer's manual, I believe they say don't lift on the axle, and recommend lifting the frame. However, we have used our LevelUp to change tires, and I am sure others have lifted where you mentioned. I think the key is not to lift on the axle tube itself.

I'm not an expert, so do not use my examples as gospel, please read the manual.

travis_g

Thanks TravelTiger. I wish we had level up. I'll need to check and see where our rw needs to lifted from. I was thinking of lifting it and putting it on jack stands and taking all 6 in the back of the truck if I can find jack stands that will hold it. We have a discount tire in Terrell now next to buccee's :)

TravelTiger

Thanks TravelTiger. I wish we had level up. I'll need to check and see where our rw needs to lifted from. I was thinking of lifting it and putting it on jack stands and taking all 6 in the back of the truck if I can find jack stands that will hold it. We have a discount tire in Terrell now next to buccee's :)

Oh yeah! I forgot! Discount Tire in Terrell is open now, I suppose. I would not get tires anywhere else.

I believe according to Lippert, you should lift from the frame. Prior to leveling system, we did it the old fashioned way. With blocking underneath the Jack, we used two 12 ton bottle jacks from WalMart on either side of the wheels. Two people jacking at the same time, same speed, worked well. (Stay hooked to truck).

TravelTiger

Oh and make sure you get the road hazard warranty certificates. If you do damage a tire by hitting something they are worth what you pay.