sagging gray tank--any solutions?

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I have a 2010 BH--3670 and the gray tank (shower) sags down a lot. I removed the coloplast and cchecked the straps and how they are attached all seems to be tight. However the angle iron that the straps connect to is really bending down toward the ground causing the whole tank to sag. Has anyone beefed up this somewhat poor system to support the tanks? I was thinking of attaching another piece of square stock somewhere? to get added support?? Just thought someone may have come up with a better idea?
thanks
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I haven't noticed a problem with mine, but could you run 1/4" angle iron across the space, supporting/attaching it to the frame? Then lay a piece if plywood on it fir the tank to sit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

the angle iron that the straps connect to is really bending down toward the ground causing the whole tank to sag.

On our Rushmore, the gray #1 tank sag occurs in the center of the tank, not along the front/rear edges held by the angle iron. But a couple of years ago I found that the mounting screws on one end of the angle iron had sheared off, allowing that corner to droop.

Angle iron is usually pretty strong. If the tank is pushing down hard enough to actually bend the angle iron, and the angle iron is running along the edge of the tank, I'd be looking to find out what's putting that much pressure on the angle iron.