Sailun Tires

blkdodge

I read somewhere that Heartland was now using Sailun S637 tires on the Landmark series 5th wheels.
Is this true? If so I would appreciate any input.
Currently have the GY 614 that need to be replaced.

John T Bettencourt

Everyone is saying they are very good tires for a lot less money than the Good Years. When I replace the ones on my Landmark I am going with the Sailun.

blkdodge

I have the 235X85R 16 GY614 with around 10K on them but they are 5 years old. If the Sailuns are a comparable replacement, I can almost buy two sets for the price of one.

jnbhobe

I think the Sailun is a better tire than the GY It weighs about 6 or 8 lbs more than a GY. I have had them in 215/75/17.5 for 2 seasons with no problem and they run 30* cooler.

Power-Stroke

We have Sailuns on our Cyclone 4200... towed fully loaded for a little over 9000 miles. Not a single issue (knock on wood). I fully intend to replace with Sailuns when the time comes.

Hope this helps.
Jay

SNOKING

More good news is that Sailun now has a all steel 235/80R16G that is the same diameter as the GY G614, BlowMax and other 16 LRE ST tires, along with the 235/85R16G that is 1" larger in diameter. Our new BH came OEM with the 235/85R16G's. Chris

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
They came standard on our 2011 Bighorn. We have replaced them with the same. No complaints at all.

harry444

I read somewhere that Heartland was now using Sailun S637 tires on the Landmark series 5th wheels.
Is this true? If so I would appreciate any input.
Currently have the GY 614 that need to be replaced.

my 2017 Trail Runner came with 225/78/15 load range D Rainier tires it looks like Heartland is doing away with the defective Towmax tires. I was very happy to see a different brand on my TT rather than a tire that will blowout at any moment.

ATLJOHN

We have the Sailun on our 2011 BH and just replaced all for at a cost of $650 mounted and balanced. Great tires. I am sure that is about half the cost of GY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AAdams

We have Sailuns on our '16 BH 3750 FL and have pulled 4100 miles so far with out a problem

Sawdocmd

Just went round trip to Yellowstone from Maryland. About 5000mi. Speeds of 70-80 mph with outside temp of 85-100 deg. With a '16 cyclone 4100. Thankfully no issues with sailuns. With all the tire issues I've read about it was on my mind the entire trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Just went round trip to Yellowstone from Maryland. About 5000mi. Speeds of 70-80 mph with outside temp of 85-100 deg. With a '16 cyclone 4100. Thankfully no issues with sailuns. With all the tire issues I've read about it was on my mind the entire trip.

My truck would be more than happy to do it all day long (70-75). ...

But dear lord what kind of mpg does that get you?..I'm squeaking 7-8 at 65mph best case!! I've been 4-5 with a 30-40mph headwind ...cyclone 4100 ain't a small "sail" either....lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

avvidclif

When you drive 5000+ mi going 55 mph isn't an option.

Sure it is. Just sometimes not feasible due to time constraints. May you one day join those of us that have none.

"I'll be there when I get there, wherever there is" My motto

Sawdocmd

My truck would be more than happy to do it all day long (70-75). ...

But dear lord what kind of mpg does that get you?..I'm squeaking 7-8 at 65mph best case!! I've been 4-5 with a 30-40mph headwind ...cyclone 4100 ain't a small "sail" either....lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

6-8 mpg average for trip.