Samsung Capacitor Class Action Suit

patrick1945

My 09 Heartland Bighorn came with a Samsung TV that is covered in this CLASS ACTION SUIT.

I received this message from Samsung today:

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records show that you own a Samsung television Model(s). Under a Class Action Settlement,
You might be eligible for a free repair, reimbursement of the repair costs that you have already paid, or other settlement benefits.
Please see the linked notice (www.samsung.com/capacitorsettlement) regarding the settlement.
For additional information, visit our web site www.samsung.com/capacitorsettlement, or call 888-899-7602 between 9am and 9pm EST.

Thank you
Samsung Service Team

My capacitor went out about a month ago and I took it a local TV repair shop and the cost was $141.54. I have not gone on the site to check it out but will now.

Last edited:

traveler44

I know that this is an old topic but my Samsung tv was real slow coming on today so I looked on here to see if anybody else has had this problem. I didn't recieve any notice from Samsung about a problem with the capacitors. What do you do about the problem when the tv doesn't want to come on? Do you call a repairman and send Samsung the bill or something? The number on the back of mine is LN32A330J1DXZA. So it looks like the number that goes LN..A......XZA in the class action suit. Tom

danemayer

I know that this is an old topic but my Samsung tv was real slow coming on today so I looked on here to see if anybody else has had this problem. I didn't recieve any notice from Samsung about a problem with the capacitors. What do you do about the problem when the tv doesn't want to come on? Do you call a repairman and send Samsung the bill or something? The number on the back of mine is LN32A330J1DXZA. So it looks like the number that goes LN..A......XZA in the class action suit. Tom
I think you'll want to click through to the links on the Samsung website for instructions, or call the number that's listed.

traveler44

I started out with the 1-800-Samsung number and the gal checked and said mine is one of the ones that they were having problems with. She transfered me over to the repair dept. and that is when I was cut off. I called back with the reference number and the guy contacted the repair dept. and told me they will get ahold of me in 24-48 hours and they should repace the capacitor with a bigger one. After that if it doesn't work I will have to see what they charge to get it working. I hope they get it working because it is part of my surround sound system. Tom

rick_debbie_gallant

Short story:
A friend of mine had his Samsung stop working a couple of months ago he got a new tv and he gave me his old busted one. A little research on my part and I found a capacitor kit for the tv for 25 bucks on amazon. Bought a solder gun and several hours later had it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2