Samsung DVD/CD may need replacing

Bobby A

Was in the mood to hear some of my old CD's the other day and when it started playing it was skipping and real draggy, I thought it was the CD and put another CD in and got the same results. I then played the CD's on my computer to make sure the CD's were good and they were. I have not tried the DVD function yet to see if that would be the same. This Samsung combo unit and TV has served me well and the TV is still going strong for 6 years of full time use. So I have 2 questions for my Heartland family, #1- could there just be dust in the unit and is there something to clean it out ?? #2- Has anyone found a exact replacement for the DVD/CD combo unit ?? The Samsung model is HT-Z310 Thank you

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes, you can get a CD/DVD cleaner disk at Radio Shack . . . and probably even Wal*Mart.

However, those built-in-the-TV DVD players don't seem to have a long life span (I think because the disk is spinning sideways instead of flat), and my guess is that the belts are probably dryed out or stretched and are causing the skipping.

However, why not upgrade and get a BluRay player?

You can them now in the $50 price range.

(By the by . . . we are originally from southern Michigan)