Shower faucet problem

Trey_rob

I have a North Trail 30rkdd. It has the corner stand up shower, and the faucet is on the outside wall, drivers side. I need to replace the faucet, due to to the faucet diverter tee cracking. There is no access/access panel to behind the faucet that I can find. Does anyone know of a way to get behind the faucet or as anyone else dealt with this? And if so, what can be done? Much thanks for any help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is the faucet attached to a panel with screws at each corner? If you remove those screws, you can get to the back of the faucet and the connections. I found this pic, does it look like this?
ShowerHandleStillLeakingUnderShower-IMG_1359.jpg

justflee

I had the same problem, so I cut a square hole around the faucet to access the rear of the faucet and then removed the faucet. I then mounted the repaired faucet to a piece of 1/4" plastic. Framed around the hole with 2x2`s and secured the supply line to the faucet and caulked and screwed the plastic into the wood frame. Not only is it now accessible, but the faucet is more secure. Before doing this the faucet was very loose and very unstable.
file:///Users/Steve/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library.photolibrary/Previews/2014/07/02/20140702-145452/Y0Gx7XeFS4OSJuTuWM4Btw/IMG_0786.jpg

jimtoo

Hi justflee,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Thanks for posting how you repaired your shower and made access easier.

Jim M