Shut off valves

Gleonard

I'm getting ready for my first trip in my new . But used 2006 Bighorn 3500rl. I filled the water tank and when the gauge said full, the two hoses at the end of the camper, started to drain . Then I looked in behind the UDC and saw all the valves are open. None are marked as to what each valve is for , and all are white hoses . Anyone know which valve is to open and which one are to be closed ? This is my first bighorn and the dealer simply says schedule an appointment , it will be about 3 weeks . But I don't want to wait that long . Whether is nice and want to go . Help !

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
In a 2006 BH I dont believe that anything/ knobs in the UCD will make water drain at the rear. The tank might have been just over filled enough so that water was running out the tank vents. Your fresh water tank drain is located on ODS just in front of the axles, is white/clear pex and has an angle cock on it.. If it still has the "low point" drains, they are located just in front of the axles on the DS. Might be blue and red with a screw off cap.

bighorn3370

Sounds like hot water bypass valves, behind the UDC. The low point drains should have their own shutoff valves that are hanging down from the bottom of the BH. The fresh water drain would be hanging down also. But it sounds like it was closed, as you are able to fill the tank. If you need anything else, just pm me your phone number, and I can talk you through it. Ernie

Gleonard

Thanks for your replies. With your help my wife and I figured out the issues. We traced the lines and figured what was what . We also put shut off valves on the drain lines / over flows too. Worked out great. Git to our first camp site without the loss of any water . The trip was awesome , my truck pulled the rig perfectly . Love our heartland .