Slide Adjustment

surreyboy

hey , just wondering if anyone can provide some info to help me adjust my slide on my 2009 3950. its the one on the passenger side....right beside the entrance door. its 9 feet , i was just under there looking & it has 2 gear arms that it rides on & one hydraulic ram that moves it. the side to the rear of the trailer (the side with out the hydraulic ram)is about an inch out when completely close....so its still open about a inch. just looking for some info , help , suggestions or a step in the direction to find the info i seek to correct this

thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have added a link here to the Lippert Service Manual. [LINK]
This as well as many other manuals and troubleshooting ideas can be found by clicking on 'Tools' located in the navigation bar at the top of any forum page.

Peace
Dave

surreyboy

I have added a link here to the Lippert Service Manual. [LINK]
This as well as many other manuals and troubleshooting ideas can be found by clicking on 'Tools' located in the navigation bar at the top of any forum page.

Peace
Dave

hey!!!thats right on!! thanks !!! just what i needed

surreyboy

so i read the manual for the lippert hydraulic through frame slide out on the adjustments & all , i got my "passive side" pushed in to the max on its adjustment slots & its still not closing like the "active side" its almost like it jumped a couple teeth on the sproket....is that possible ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It is possible that you jumped a tooth or two or you may have some teeth missing.
To straighten it out you will have to disconnect the square tube the connects the two sides and turn the passive side by hand till they are equal.
User Davebennington had a thread relating to jumped teeth and the cure to prevent it from happening again.
Check out post #17 in THIS THREAD.

Peace
Dave

carl.swoyer

My 07 cedar Creek had a slide out , out of adjustment. The root of the problem was a bent and twisted frame. Progressive totaled it and paid out to me what I paid for it new

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

surreyboy

Thanks cookie for you helpfullness

ok , so an update for anyone who might be having this same issue/problem. now theres probably more ways to do this but what i did after following the manual for the adjustments & i still wasn't achieving what i wanted , i started sucking back some brewskies , then i closed the slide about half way , put a jack under the arm that i wanted to tweak , took the weight off the roller by jacking up the slide . Just inside the frame rail(had to remove a part of the under belly) i removed the bolt closest to the center of the unit that holds the roller in place. leaving the one closest to the outside in. the roller then flopped down & was free from the track. i then hooked up a ratchet strap . marked out 2" on the arm so i could see how much i was moving it & started to crank the ratchet strap till it moved the 2" i wanted. pushed the roller back into place & bolted it up. removed the jack & ratchet strap & slid the slides in & out a few times while crushing some victory brews !! it worked perfectly ! not sure how it could have gotten out of whack like that...not missing any teeth.....we roll down some rough mountain roads & when im travelling , i pass most vehicles on the road......i guess it could have jumped a couple teeth.....anything is possible i guess...

anyhow , hope this helps someone out there

Cheers