Slide Hanging Up- Scraping underside in 2 in strip- what could it be?

We have a Roadwarrior 305...still under warranty but need your help identifying what could be hanging up the living room slide. We had the dealer look at it, and they said it works fine. Well, it doesn't. Something is hanging up the living room slide when extending. If you look under the slide on the exterior, there is a 2 inch wide scrape that is stripping the coating on the underside. The perfectly straight scrape runs perpendicular to length of trailer, like the slide is scraping on something on it's way out. When it hangs up, we bring all slides back in and then try again. Usually on the 2nd attempt it will extend. Any ideas of what to look for? The nearest dealer is about 40 miles away.

Thanks for any ideas!!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pull the rubber under the slide back with the slide extended. I find this is easiest with a screwdriver. See if the roller is still intact. Sometimes these rollers let go. The slide may be riding on only the bracket for the roller.

If everything is good there look for a screw protruding from underneath.

Whatever is hanging up the slide should be visible if you pull that bottom sweeper seal down to look under it.

Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on the width of the scrape and location, it may be a stuck roller or the bracket for the roller is contacting the floor. Are there indentations in the floor where the roller would ride?

Well we took a closer look at it today and don't see a roller...just see a plastic strip that slides over. I see slight indentation in the living room carpet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well we took a closer look at it today and don't see a roller...just see a plastic strip that slides over. I see slight indentation in the living room carpet.

OK, the living room slides on most of the HL's don't have rollers, just the long plastic strip. Now, next question: Does this "scrape" occur along the outer edge or edges of the slide floor, right at the walls? If it does, it could be water damage from rain running down the side wall and being absorbed by the plywood floor at the exposed edges. Take a closer look and let us know what you find. A photo would help.

Thanks for the tips. We are going to have a shop look at it when they fix our delamination spot next week. But no, it is not right on the edge. Probably two feet in from the edge. I think at this point we'll leave it up to the pros :)