Slide out leaving black residue all over carpet

I have a 2015 Torque toy hauler with one slide out. I went out to clean the camper the other day and put the slide out, out. The carpet between the slide out and floor has a black grease substance all over it. What is causing this? Is it covered under the warranty? Thank you

jimtoo

Hi bman-202002,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully some of our Torque owners will jump in with some info for you soon. Did you look under the slide on the outside to see what may be doing the bad deed? Maybe someone just put to much grease on something.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

I suggest you go outside with a clean rag and wipe down the bottom of the slide room floor to see if this is what is wiping off onto your floor when the slide comes in.

The slide bottoms can get dirty but not sure why they'd get greasy unless some got slopped up there during wheel or slide rack service/maintenance.

Unsure about warranty coverage for cleaning but doubt it.

olcoon

If it's just in one area, like where the slide roller comes across the carpet, you can get some "Slideout Slickers". Basically what they are is plastic strips that you put down prior to bringing in the slide. Or you can make some if you have an old (or new) mat you put under a desk chair so it will roll on carpet, etc. Just cut it into strips the size you need.