Slide Out quit working

Tbone-67

Slide out on my Mallard M25 stopped working. So the manual override shaft is 12” long and the length to reach the motor is over 4’. How is one to use the override shaft? Slide out is closed and I can’t get to the motor with this short 12” shaft. Frustrated!

Bogie

First you should check your fuses to insure you haven't blown a fuse. Also check to be sure your battery is charged and/or your converter is working.

Looking at pictures of the Mallard M25, it would appear that you have a cable operated slide. So the motor would typically be located behind the fascia at the top. You probably have to remove the fascia to get back there.

Check out this video. The cable slide portion starts at about 3.5 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ETwE3SrCM

Tbone-67

First you should check your fuses to insure you haven't blown a fuse. Also check to be sure your battery is charged and/or your converter is working.

Looking at pictures of the Mallard M25, it would appear that you have a cable operated slide. So the motor would typically be located behind the fascia at the top. You probably have to remove the fascia to get back there.

Check out this video. The cable slide portion starts at about 3.5 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ETwE3SrCM
Thanks Bogie! It’s a cable system and I get how to manually override, but my slide out extends about 4’. I can reach the motor when slide is out but as the slide comes in I run out of arm length to continue all the way closed. I did check my circuit breakers at the A Frame and the resettable breaker was tripped. The circuit breaker to the slide out looks bad and will replace. Still needing a hint as to how the heck I can grow an arm that’s six feet long!

Bogie

Perhaps another Mallard M25 owner will chime in here.

Just a thought though. Is the shaft provided by heartland flexible like in the video? Maybe you could add an extension between the shaft and the drill. If it isn't, maybe an extension with a universal joint.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about your model but I have seen some where the center decorative panel of the fascia is removable for access.

Peace
Dave

Tbone-67

I can access the motor but the distance to the motor is the depth of my slide out (approx 4’j. My arms aren’t long enough to reach it. Yes, I’ve thought about rigging up some kind of extension for the flexible tool. Thanks for input!

sengli

I feel what your saying. That 1 foot long adaptor for the BAL slide motor was never going to be easy to use considering where that electric motor is placed. Super long extension of some nature is in order. I always carry a spare motor with gearbox with me.

Attachments

• IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    345.7 KB · Views: 13

Tbone-67

Help please. Looking for a wiring diagram (Mallard M25) that traces wiring from battery to the dual polarity solenoid to the slide
switch. Having no luck in finding one. Thanks in advance!