Slide out switch buzzing

coram8

Good evening,
I recently went to get our Gateway 3750PT out and when I pushed the switch to move the slides out, there was a loud buzzing sound from behind the switch panel. The slides still went out, and the there was no noise when pulling the slides in. When I pulled the switch panel off, there is a relay of some sort that is attached to the slide-out switch that is making the buzzing sound. I assumed I could simply replace this relay, but after considerable Google time, I can't seem to figure out exactly what it is. Any help identifying this part as well as where I could order one from would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the part. image.jpegThanks for the Help!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Im no expert but looks like some type of transformer. Maybe to change voltage to a different output.

danemayer

Looks like 2 wires on one terminal and 1 wire on the other terminal. That suggests power goes through that device and on to the slide motor, and power also goes around the device and on to the next motor.

If it was a relay, I'd expect 4 wires.

Maybe this electrically isolates the slide motors. Or if there is more than one operated by an electric motor, maybe it's a delay so both motors don't run at the same time.

Just guessing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is a Alarm Buzzer
Not sure what it is for, maybe a warning to tell you the slides are moving. Never seen that before though....

We had those on the emergency exit doors of the school buses If you flip the latch the buzzer would sound.

I would just disconnect it. don't order a new one LOL

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I was just looking at that Gateway 3750PT floor plan, that buzzer could be to warn you if the rear bedroom or rear bathroom doors aren't closed so you don't smash them when you put the slides in. "Just maybe"

coram8

Well, that's interesting. It does look exactly like the Cole Hersee buzzer. If that is what it is, I guess the next question for me to solve is why is it buzzing while the slides go out??? For that price I will probably order one and see if it is a faulty buzzer, or if I'm missing something that would cause it!

Thank you all for the help!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did it just start doing that ? or is it a new rig to you, and has always done that ?
Like I said in an earlier post it is a buzzer and I would think it would sound for 1 of 2 reason
1 to warn that the slides are moving or
2 the bunkhouse door or the bathroom door are not close and could get smashed if you bring in the slides.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

coram8

Did it just start doing that ? or is it a new rig to you, and has always done that ?
Like I said in an earlier post it is a buzzer and I would think it would sound for 1 of 2 reason
1 to warn that the slides are moving or
2 the bunkhouse door or the bathroom door are not close and could get smashed if you bring in the slides.

We have had the trailer for almost a year now. It just started doing it. The confusing part is that it is buzzing when I put the slides out. But doesn't buzz when putting the slides in.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is there any sensors on those doors in the back ?
I googled your floor plan I think you have a bunk house in the back and a bathroom ?
My thought is if there is maybe one of them is malfunctioning or out of adjustment.
I'm just guessing. I would love to dive in and figure it out if you were closer. That's right up my alley

Bones

I have the 3650 BH which is a similar layout and I have never had anything buzz while moving the slides. I don't recall seeing any door sensors either.

coram8

Bones and Jesstalkn,
I haven't seen any sensors on the doors in the back. We have the queen bed in the back instead of all bunks, and it is an electric tilt bed. It has to be fully raised when the slides come in. That was my first thought on the buzzer, but again, it is only buzzing putting the slide out, not in.

Jesstalkn, you are more than welcome to take an afternoon (or 2 day) drive to Texas and help figure this out!! Lol.

Any further investigation and fix will have to wait a few days though. Kids robotics competitions and little league are taking front seat for the moment!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I guess I would check to see if the power wire triggering it is from the side with 1 wire or the side with the 2 wires.
I think the single wire is the ground (just guessing) you can use a olms meter and see. Then trace the trigger wires back to see were they go
It's hard to explain in word for me but if you could figure out where they go we can solve the mystery.

Bones

Bones and Jesstalkn,
I haven't seen any sensors on the doors in the back. We have the queen bed in the back instead of all bunks, and it is an electric tilt bed. It has to be fully raised when the slides come in. That was my first thought on the buzzer, but again, it is only buzzing putting the slide out, not in.

Jesstalkn, you are more than welcome to take an afternoon (or 2 day) drive to Texas and help figure this out!! Lol.

Any further investigation and fix will have to wait a few days though. Kids robotics competitions and little league are taking front seat for the moment!
Have you called Heartland with your vin to ask them? They made it so they should know.