Slide stops and starts

my.hero

I have a Big Country 3450 and the dining room slide stops several times moving in and out. The slide will stop, I will wait for 5 seconds then push the button again, the slide will move about a foot before stopping again. this will happen several times on each cycle. they are hydraulic slides, the fluid level is good, the batteries are fully charged and there are no restrictions that I can find. has anyone else experienced this? if so what was the fix. thanks

danemayer

Hi my.hero,

There's a 50 amp 12V mini-circuit breaker on the buss-bar near your battery. The power for the hydraulics goes through that breaker, and from your description, it's tripping and a few seconds later resets itself. The most likely cause of your problem is that the breaker has gotten weak, although a loose wire at the pump, or a loose or bad connection at the battery could also account for your problem. In addition a bind in the slide could trip the breaker.

You can get a new breaker for about $10 from many auto parts stores, or boating stores. Look for an auto-reset breaker with the same mounting form-factor.

I've attached a picture of the buss-bar showing the breakers. The one you want has a thick red wire on the top, and no wire on the bottom.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 79

scottyb

Replacing the 50A breaker did not solve my problem I ended up putting in a 80A as described in this TSB from Lippert. The wiring for the pump is more than addequately sized for the 80A breaker.

Attachments

• 80 amp breaker lippert0058.pdf
    51.6 KB · Views: 39

my.hero

A big thank you to all who replied to my post, you are great. I will replace the breaker and let you all know the result. have a great New Year. I am a new member just having purchased my Big Country 18 months ago.

my.hero

I replaced the breaker with a 60A (the largest store had in stock) and it seems to have done the trick. Several runs in and out with no issues. I really appreciate your help with this. Saved me many $$$.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I replaced the breaker with a 60A (the largest store had in stock) and it seems to have done the trick. Several runs in and out with no issues. I really appreciate your help with this. Saved me many $$$.

Is that 60A an auto or manual reset breaker? I've never been able to find anything larger than 50A in an auto reset and I wish I could.

Last edited by a moderator: