Slide stops half way in - then continues

Gizzy

When bringing in the slides the dining room is always the last to come in. Several times (not every time) it has come in about half way and stops. If I wait a few seconds and try again it will continue to come in all the way. Any ideas what might be causing this. I am concerned that one day it might decide to stay in the half way closed position. Any helpful info will be appreciated.

danemayer

There is a 12V auto-reset circuit breaker on the buss-bar near the battery. Sometimes these get a bit weak with age and pop unexpectedly. They reset themselves in a couple of seconds. You can find replacements for about $10 at auto parts stores.

It could also be that the slide needs lubrication or adjustment causing a slight bind that trips the breaker. I've attached a picture of a manual reset circuit breaker. The auto reset is missing the little button on the end. There's also a picture of the buss bar, and a pdf file with a diagram of the circuit breakers and which one does what.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
  • circuitbreaker.jpg
    circuitbreaker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Buss_Bar_for_LM-BH-BC.pdf
    694.4 KB · Views: 33

jnbhobe

When the slide stops are any of the other slides still moving. Or does the motor quit running

Gizzy

Thanks for the info Dan, looks like I need to check the one for the hydraulic pump. Since this is a flush floor slide, it really works hard to get up and over the edge of the floor. No problem doing that, it just stops about half way while coming in.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We have a different issue with our bedroom slide. When going out, it needs a push at the top or it will begin to bind. Any thoughts?

navyAZ1

We had the same problem with our coach, it had a 40amp breaker which was not strong enough. On the advice of a friend who had the same problem with his Everest, and also the dealer where I bought the coach we wired in an additional 40amp breaker "in parallel". Have never had a problem since, I also heard of some folks just replacing the 40amp with either a 60amp or 80amp breaker. Hope this helped.

Ron,

jaxonwood

I have just developed a similar issue with the slides momentarily stopping and then starting again. The large slide stopped and started maybe 10 times going in either direction and the others are also suddenly acting the same way. So, is this as I read here a single breaker at the battery for the hydraulic pump that needs either replacing, upsizing, or doubling in parallel?

Peteandsharon

This thread is an exact duplicate of the thread I started this past summer. We debated upgrading to a stronger breaker; putting breakers in parallel and a few other options. My feeling was that I had gone three years on the first breaker and you don't normally do anything with a breaker but replace it with a similar capacity breaker. So..... I replaced it with the same amperage breaker and I'm a happy camper once again. Works like a champ again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So, is this as I read here a single breaker at the battery for the hydraulic pump that needs either replacing, upsizing, or doubling in parallel?
Yes, it is a single 50 amp breaker. You can locate the breaker by following the heavy red wire from the solenoid on the hydraulic pump, to the breaker.
It should be the third breaker down from the top. 50 amp.
I suggest disconnecting the battery before you dive into the job.
Replacement shoud be about a 10 minute job.
I did the same thing as Peteandsharon and just replaced the breaker with another 50 amp. No problems.
You can find a replacement at any auto parts house such as NAPA, an RV dealer or a marine dealer.
Should be under $10.

Peace
Dave

jaxonwood

I think I'll follow the conservative fix and just replace the 50 with a 50 and see how far down the road again that takes me. Thank you all for the good solutions! I wouldn't have easily reached the right conclusions without the resource of the group's experience.

Doug

olcoon

We had a problem with the slide on our Elk Ridge, sounds similar to the problem to yours. I tried to work with the dealer & got a run around. Finally posted a video of the slide coming in in the ATF section of the forum. Bryan Walczak General Mgr. for Elk Ridge, Big Country, & Prowler answered it the next day & the factory also called me that day. End result the dealer "fixed" the slide. But I was still having problems. Finally while at the rally in Gillette I got the slide fixed, and I don't think it had ever been right. Heartland's customer service is great! If you can't get your slide working before June, I'm sure if you are able to go to the Goshen rally in June, they can get it fixed there! I'm not sure exactly what our problem was, but I think it had something to do with the floor not being attached correctly & it was hanging up. Hope everything gets worked out soon.