Slideout roof beginning to sag 2012 Big Country

wisnowman

Hello,
I'm new to the forum here. I bought a 2012 Heartland Big Country about a year ago and I'm starting to have issues with a few things here ànd there. I'm hoping to gain from knowledge of other Heartland owners.
I noticed to roof is starting to sag above refrigerator in 2012 Big Country 2950RK. The pictures show it from inside. On the outside the seal doesn't touch the roof where the majority of the sag is. It wasn't like this last year and now I'm concerned with winter coming. Anybody have any ideas or have run across this??
I also have an issue with my belly cover in the front sagging.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20231019_130339.jpg
    20231019_130339.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231019_130407.jpg
    20231019_130407.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231019_131617.jpg
    20231019_131617.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

sengli

I saw your photos, but I am still not sure what you are saying. You really dont mean the exterior roof, correct? I have the same model big country as you. I know inside the rear wall of this coach the fridge is mounted on a OSB base and 2 x 2 studs, and if your condensation drain tube has failed, that water will drain on that plywood under the fridge. That could cause the fridge to "sink" in its mounting space. That fridge is very heavy. The white plastic drain tube will tend to get brittle over time, and they fracture quite easy. It is supposed to drain externally. I think mine was the original, and as soon as I tried to bend it , it just fell apart.
As for the coro plast up front , just shoot it full of expanding foam to seal it.

Last edited:

2019_V22

I'd check the coroplast first, it really looks like it's sagging from weight, water weight maybe?

wisnowman

I saw your photos, but I am still not sure what you are saying. You really dont mean the exterior roof, correct? I have the same model big country as you. I know inside the rear wall of this coach the fridge is mounted on a OSB base and 2 x 2 studs, and if your condensation drain tube has failed, that water will drain on that plywood under the fridge. That could cause the fridge to "sink" in its mounting space. That fridge is very heavy. The white plastic drain tube will tend to get brittle over time, and they fracture quite easy. It is supposed to drain externally. I think mine was the original, and as soon as I tried to bend it , it just fell apart.
As for the coro plast up front , just shoot it full of expanding foam to seal it.
You can see the gap in the wood trim on the left side of picture. Yes, you can see a gap on the outside right where it sags. The rubber seal doesn't touch the roof on the outside right where the sag is. There's a length of like two inches where the seal doesn't contact the roof. I'm guessing there's some kind of structural problem in the roof area there next to the wall of the coach. The floor under fridge and outside under slideout look to be in great condition.

wisnowman

You can see the gap in the wood trim on the left side of picture. Yes, you can see a gap on the outside right where it sags. The rubber seal doesn't touch the roof on the outside right where the sag is. There's a length of like two inches where the seal doesn't contact the roof. I'm guessing there's some kind of structural problem in the roof area there next to the wall of the coach. The floor under fridge and outside under slideout look to be in great condition.
I was up there, swept it off and looked and it's approximately four feet of seal isn't touch roof. You can see the how the outside roof is uneven.

wisnowman

I'd check the coroplast first, it really looks like it's sagging from weight, water weight maybe?
I crawled under and took a look. The corroplast seems to be separating along the sides. I believe the former owner may have had water issues. I'll seal the gaps in the sides and call it done. Thanks for help.