Slinky storage?

NHCelt

Hi everyone. Our new Bighorn 3270 has come off line and we will be picking it up on our way to FL from NH. One thing I am not sure about is sewer hose storage. Some pics show a pvc storage pipe under the frame, but some do not. Can anyone confirm that the 2016 Bighorn has some kind of slinky hose storage?

Thanks! Really looking forward to wrapping up this purchase!

Celt

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your new BH does not have a tube underneath for the stinky slinky storage you can do what many people have done and that is add one made of a 6 x 6 PVC fence post cover. They work great.

Peace
Dave

pday1213

We have the Bighorn 3270RS and yes it does have a black plastic compartment for your sewer hose under the front of frame with doors that open from either end

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm parked next to a brand new BH and it does have the nice black cross tube under it.
I added a second tube the I purchased from Heartland for about $30. I have my main hose in the first one and my 15' extension in the second one.
ff2db668367252042503a85207cbf4ae.jpg

ae836cf125faec8b64d2bf28b6d5c24f.jpg

MTPockets

I'm parked next to a brand new BH and it does have the nice black cross tube under it.
I added a second tube the I purchased from Heartland for about $30. I have my main hose in the first one and my 15' extension in the second one.
You can also get the tubes at Camping World. They have three different length tubes with the latch door at each end. We have the long one mounted to main frame just behind the drop frame, across to other side. Can be accessed from either side.

pegmikef

My BH came with one tube and I also added a second one that I got from Heartland for around thirty bucks. One just wasn't enough to carry the main hose and an extension hose.

mlpeloquin

My Big Horn did not come with any way to carry a sewer pipe. I did not have much time before our first trip so I went down to a industrial drain supply company and purchased two six inch drain pipes with all the ends. Slip on caps on one end and screw on on the other. Both hoses fit along with all the connections. Nothing to do with the sewer is stored inside. I hung them using heavy plumbers tape and stainless steel hardware with nylon lock nuts. Don't use the thinner plumbers tape. At this is the only picture I have that shows them on the rig. I went to Lowe's and purchased home roof gutter sections that is the same height on both sides. I cut the length to fit inside the drain pipe. As you can see, it is a straight shot to the drain. Everything goes down without having fun with the drain slinky pipe.
BigHorn.JPG

WBG

WBGavin
Our BH 3570 also only came with one short carrier tube. I purchased a second longer one and simply attached it to the original one using Zip Ties. That way I did not have to drill any new holes. Has worked great for two years now. Think I should probably replace them this year. UV rays have a way of degrading plastic.

pegmikef

Bill, an electrician neighbor of mine told me to always use the black zip ties if being used out doors, so I do. I have never replaced a black one due to UV exposure, but have frequently replaced the white ones as they turn brittle and break.