SOLVED: Step light switch location

PCullen

I have a 2015 Savannah- is the light behind the steps controlled by the porch light switch? Someone told me it was only used when hooked up to truck. Made no sense since when steps are folded up you would not even see light.

danemayer

Re: Quick ? Step light

The under-step light on LM should be a separate small rocker switch, usually placed near the door close to floor level - unless you have a remote control, in which case it may be programmed on the remote.

PCullen

Thanks for answering so quick. I can't find any rocker switch inside or out. Not on remote. I have a 2015 but not a 365, if this matters. Any help is appreciated, THANKS!

TxCowboy

Dan's right -- it should be right there by the front door. Are you sure the bulb is still good? You might be flipping the correct switch but the bulb is out.

PCullen

I will get it replaced, just to be sure. Where by the door is it usually? Thanks for the help.

PCullen

Will check light bulb, but if it on the remote, will that be the only way of on & off ? Thanks

jbeletti

On my Savannah, I believe the step light was controlled by the wireless remote control.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

On our 2015 Prowler, the switch is right inside the door at the floor on the bottom inside step to the upstairs bedroom.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Glad you found the problem. I have a question.....how could a 2015 Savannah not be a 365 LM??

PCullen

It was like one of the last ones before they switched. We do not have the 365 paint & only minor differences.Also , the Savannah is not one of the floor plans for 365, the Ashland if the closest to it.