South Dakota campgounds near near Mt Rushmore & the badlands

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Any other places it would be a good idea to get tickets for ahead of time? Our park sells packages of attractions with their sites, but I didn't think we really needed to worry about that ahead of time. There is a zip line thing we really want to do. I'm sure we will decide when we get there that we want to do a bunch of other stuff too.

Kristy

Sorry for the confusion Kristy, I was referring to the cave tours. Amy and I have tried three times to get into Jewel. 1st time we got snowed out, second time we forgot our jackets (it's 40 degrees in the cave) and the third time they were sold out when we got there. Hopefully fourth time will be the charm for us.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
There is so much to do in that area that I don't think we are going to get to do everything we would like. I guess that just means we'll have to go back someday to do the rest. We have a set of caves near us that can sell out sometimes. We also have a bunch of exposed lava tubes people go through. One is a rally cool ice cave.

Kristy

PS Sorry to take the thread off track.....

sharmulst

We spent last summer in Creekside Mountain Resort as Camp hosts. The owner had it for sale so don't know the status. It is small but has lawn between the sites. It is just north of Crooked Creek.

u243412

Just a heads up on Rafter J... I called (based on feedback here - thanks) and booked a spot.
I called April 1st - for July 13th - only 3 spots were left that could fit a 36' fiver. Sounds like a great place. Looking forward to it. Thanks folks.