South Haven, Kalamazoo, Holland Michigan area campgrounds

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I am looking for more campground options in the South Haven, Kalamazoo, Holland Michigan area.
I don't really need much more than water, 30 amp electric and maybe sewer hookups or a dump station for this trip. It does need the ability to handle my 35' TT relatively easily.

I am aware of a few places near South Haven but they currently don't have any availability for my upcoming trip.
I have listed the few places I know of here.
//heartlandowners.org/group.php?discussionid=52&do=discuss

danemayer

Kalamazoo has a nice county run park that we've stayed at:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Markin Glen County Park
[/FONT]
5300 North Westnedge Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
(269) 381-7570

Reservations (269) 383-8778

http://www.kalcounty.com/parks/markinglen/index.html

We've also stayed at Hidden Ridge Resort about 1/2 way between Kzoo and Grand Junction. High-end resort.

danemayer

Hidden ridge I don't remember any noise. It's a large park and it's close to, but not right up against the highway.

Markin Glen, there is a train track very close to the RV sites, with a crossing just past the corner of the park. The train blows its horn just as it's approaching the park. Very loud. Fortunately, the train traffic is light. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, I think it's at night. I found it annoying, but not bad enough to put me off from staying there. But if I didn't need to be close to K'zoo, I would have stayed at Hidden Ridge.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thanks for pointing out the train tracks. I will have to take that into consideration. I live near train tracks now and so I like to get away from them when I travel.

ILH

We'll be at Hidden Ridge in two night's time - for four nights. It'll be our first time there - if I remember I'll post comments.

GoinNorth

We just returned from Holland. We stayed at the state park, but had to check out Oak Grove Campground, which is just down the road. Looked like a nice park with several premium sites, check out their website!

ILH

It would be great to hear more about your experience there.

We arrived at Hidden Ridge yesterday late afternoon. The cg is very nice - well maintained and has mostly 5th wheels and buses and very few tt. Pool, facilities, etc. are top notch. My only criticism thus far is that the cg is almost totally absent of any trees on or between sites - which means NO shade anywhere. I can't figure it out - the cg is not new - so why haven't they planted any trees (scratching head). Even the large pool is remarkably without shade umbrellas!

I must be crazy travelling in this heat...