Splitters on an Elkridge 34SQRL

Newbe

Hope I am doing this correctly

can someone tell me where the splitters are for the above camper. I have found one behind wall in under storage space close to upside tv connection. According to cable diagram I am missing one splitter
I cannot get satalite dish to feed to tv in LR but works well in bedroom

Regards
Vic

danemayer

Hope I am doing this correctly

can someone tell me where the splitters are for the above camper. I have found one behind wall in under storage space close to upside tv connection. According to cable diagram I am missing one splitter
I cannot get satalite dish to feed to tv in LR but works well in bedroom

Regards
Vic
Hi Newbe,

Some coaches have 1 exterior satellite connection. Some have 2. Some appear to have 4, but it's really only 2, with a matching 2 going to the roof for a rooftop dish installation.

I doubt your Elkridge has any splitters in the satellite wiring. It may have some for the cable/antenna wiring, but satellite won't work on those connections.

If your coach has 2 exterior satellite connectors, one will go to the living room and should be on a wall plate with the cable/antenna coax connector. Sometimes labels and connections don't match, so be sure to try the other connector. If that doesn't help, inspect the coax connectors to make sure they're tight and there are no ground wire strands touching the center conductor.

Newbe

Thank you for getting back to me
This camper has no pre cables for a dish. I was told that I had to use the cable connection and jumper the splitter

Outside I have two connectors and they both go to the booster in the bedroom. One is for cable the other is for antenna. When I connect dish to cable connection I have a signal in the bedroom and this works well. I would prefer to have the LR tv have the dish signal.

From the booster, the cable goes down and is split to send a signal to the outside tv connection that is located in the front storage compartment located under bedroom. I found this splitter. It is located six inches behind the connector.

NOW .... This is where I have a problem... The cable leaves for the rear of the camper... It is my understanding that this goes through another splitter to send signal to the two rear coax connections in rear LR. It is this second splitter that I cannot locate.

I have removed panel behind LR tv and I can only see the two coax cables disappear in the wall of camper

I was was told that it can be found under floor but I do not wish to remove underneath cover for no reason.

Vic

Hi Newbe,

Some coaches have 1 exterior satellite connection. Some have 2. Some appear to have 4, but it's really only 2, with a matching 2 going to the roof for a rooftop dish installation.

I doubt your Elkridge has any splitters in the satellite wiring. It may have some for the cable/antenna wiring, but satellite won't work on those connections.

If your coach has 2 exterior satellite connectors, one will go to the living room and should be on a wall plate with the cable/antenna coax connector. Sometimes labels and connections don't match, so be sure to try the other connector. If that doesn't help, inspect the coax connectors to make sure they're tight and there are no ground wire strands touching the center conductor.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We used to have a 2010 34QSRL. What year model do you have? Are you the first owner or second? In our 2010, my understanding was that the bedroom was not wired for satellite, but was for cable. Only our living room was wired for Satellite.

If you are the second owner, it's possible they changed up the wiring.

Or, it could be as Dan mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

This camper has no pre cables for a dish. I was told that I had to use the cable connection and jumper the splitter

The cable connection goes to the signal booster where it meets the antenna wire. From there it goes to other TV locations. The signal booster and splitters will not pass satellite signals. So what you were told is incorrect.

Outside I have two connectors and they both go to the booster in the bedroom. One is for cable the other is for antenna. When I connect dish to cable connection I have a signal in the bedroom and this works well. I would prefer to have the LR tv have the dish signal.

If you have an over the air TV antenna on the roof, the 2nd connector outside would not be for the TV antenna. It's more likely that's the satellite feed to a single location inside the trailer.

This coax layout is probably what you have. The outside connections in the drawing are for cable and satellite, and there is a single satellite connection inside, in the bedroom.

TravelTiger

Dan, ours had cable and Sat connection in UDC. Sat only went to living room. Cable/antenna went to bedroom and living room. There was a connection on the exterior for cable/antenna, but we never tried it.

Newbe

Sorry for not giving all info. The camper was purchased from a local dealer. It was one year old but had never been sold. The unit is a 2014.

Yes I do have a roof antenna. I did try to hook up the dish on both inputs. One is black and it goes to booster in bedroom and I can make bedroom tv work when hooked direct to this cable.
The other input cable is orange and when dished is hooked up to this connection I have no signal anywhere.

You our comments lead me to believe that the orange cable is the satellite connection but if baffles me because the two connections at the LR tv are black and white.

There red might be a break or bad connection on the orange cable. Tomorrow I will try to trace that cable and find out where it changes colors

thanks a bunch. .... You have helped me understand the input connectors. I think I was out in left field by thinking the second connector was for a second antenna that was of better quality than what was on the roof for DTV

Regards
Vic

TravelTiger

It could be a barrel connection is not attached or not tight. There is likely one in the underbelly about where the entertainment slide is located. Follow the wiring harness under the slide where it enters the frame, and remove the screws in the underbelly material there so you can try to locate it.

Cables are run in the frame, and in the slide, while they are apart. When the slide is installed into the rig, they are supposed to make the connection for these cables. Sometimes they don't get tight, or don't get done at all. We've seen this before on the forum.

Newbe

Thanks to all. Info was very helpful and problem is resolved.

The orange cable connection on input from outside, (From comments below I think that this is called the UDC - but not sure) goes to back of unit to supply LR tv only.
As per advise below I removed a few bolts on under floor of entertainment slide out
There was two connections going up to tv. One being the antenna, the other was the orange cable coming directly from front

I tightened conector and .... Bingo .... Dish signal appeared on tv

Weather the issue was due to a poor tightening of connector at factory, or corrosion due to time, is unknown. As mentioned before this camper was purchased new one year ago, but had been on a dealer lot for one year also.

Conclusion - Easy to fix once location of connectors were found

Again .... Thank you everyone for the ideas that saved me hours of work, thus giving me more time to enjoy the campground

Regards
Vic

It could be a barrel connection is not attached or not tight. There is likely one in the underbelly about where the entertainment slide is located. Follow the wiring harness under the slide where it enters the frame, and remove the screws in the underbelly material there so you can try to locate it.

Cables are run in the frame, and in the slide, while they are apart. When the slide is installed into the rig, they are supposed to make the connection for these cables. Sometimes they don't get tight, or don't get done at all. We've seen this before on the forum.