Squeaking faucet handle's !

1231ChaseB

I have a 2010 Cyclone 3912 and the faucet's in the bathroom are getting irritating with the squeaking noise ! I took the handle's off but couldn't figure out how to get them apart any farther ! There was a red ring on top of the threads and i didn't know how to get that off so i stopped right there ! Anyway i would like to get them apart so i can put some kind of lubricant on them ! Anyone had this happen and what does it take to fix it ?
chaseb

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a Cyclone so I don't know exactly what type of faucet you have, but it sounds like you are on the right track.
Before you go to far, be sure that the pump is turned off and you are disconnected from any outside water source.
Normally you will want to remove the handle and then a ring that holds a cartridge in place.
Does your red ring unscrew or does it just pop off?
If it unscrews that is probably the one that holds the cartridge in.
Once the retaining ring is off you should be able to lift the cartridge out by pulling on the shaft that the handle attaches to.
There are O-rings on the cartridge and they may need some lubrication. It sounds like this might be your problem.
You can get some rubber O-ring lube at hardware stores and big box building centers.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is it a single handle or individual Hot & Cold? The lube you would use is called Plumbers Lube. Like Dave said, available most anywhere.

1231ChaseB

I don't know how the red ring come's off because that's where i stopped ! I didn't know how to get it off ! I'm not at home so i didn't want to mess around and break it ! By the way it's a double handle !
chaseb

Bobby A

I went through at least 2 of those faucets, they would last a few months and then start squeaking, finally I went to Home Depot and bought a faucet and haven't had the problem anymore, its been a couple years or more.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I do believe the bathroom faucet is the standard 4" spacing, measured between the handle posts. That's what you'll want to get from a home center. The OEM faucet isn't well made. Other than trying to work inside a cabinet, replacing faucets is a fairly simple job. With the design of the cabinet in our rigs, I'd suggest using a mirror and a flashlight to see the fittings behind the sink bowl while you work. That or repair by Braille.

mobilcastle

I went through at least 2 of those faucets, they would last a few months and then start squeaking, finally I went to Home Depot and bought a faucet and haven't had the problem anymore, its been a couple years or more.

I changed mine also-it was squeaking and I changed and pitched it. I took it apart several times try to fix it I also lube it-did not work for me. It is an easy change-good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I have a 2010 Cyclone 3912 and the faucet's in the bathroom are getting irritating with the squeaking noise ! I took the handle's off but couldn't figure out how to get them apart any farther ! There was a red ring on top of the threads and i didn't know how to get that off so i stopped right there ! Anyway i would like to get them apart so i can put some kind of lubricant on them ! Anyone had this happen and what does it take to fix it ?
chaseb

Mine has been squeaking for 4+ years now