Strange Dish Network Satellite Symptoms - Easy Fix

wdk450

Gang:
Saturday, the 1st of March, I checked into Monte Vista RV park in Mesa Arizona for a two week stay. Sunday night we had intermittent heavy shower bursts about 7 times overnight. No problems with the satellite for the next couple of days, but my brother and I left the Bighorn on Wednesday morning for a baseball game with the satellite system working normally. When we came back, we were getting intermittent loss of signal screens, and a look at the dish aiming page showed that all 3 LMB's were now picking up the 119 satellite. I tried reboots and switch tests that didn't fix it, and I didn't think the dish antenna position had moved as it was not windy that day. Finally I went outside, disconnected the coax at the antenna connector, and gave it a spray of Cramolyn contact restorer, along with the connections at the diplexer/spllitter in the docking center. I went back inside, checked the system, and everything now worked normally.
The moral of the story is that these coax connections are critical to proper operation, and flaky connections can cause funny things to happen.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wdk I can not find that particular brand, which of the caig offerings would you regimen for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk