Subwoofer location

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Play an action movie in your DVD player and look for where the bass (boom) comes from.

That is where your subwoofer comes from . . .

farside291

I have the BC 3950FB which I guess you could say its one of the NewPort's brothers. If it has the in-ceiling surround and not the sound bar, I was told it was behind the fireplace. I never checked though. The wires for the in ceiling surround did have the subwoofer hooked up. I replaced the sound system with a new one and it had its own separate sub so I did not use the installed one but installed one in the lower left cabinet.

Gary521

I could not find mine and later discovered it behind the fireplace access though an outside compartment. The subwoofer turns on and off with button "C" if you have the Jensen.

AZBarry

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I do not have the in ceiling surround system, just the Samsung HW-J450 sound bar. According to the Samsung manual it came with a subwoofer. I don't see any possible access panel to check behind the fireplace. I'm not in love with the present sound so it might we best just to replace the current system with something better. As suggested I might check with the factory first.

AZBarry

Thanks again to all and in particular Gary and Farside. You were right. After getting up enough nerve to attempt to remove the fireplace, which turned out to be a piece of cake, there it was. So I replaced the old passive sub with a newer wireless larger powered subwoofer.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks again to all and in particular Gary and Farside. You were right. After getting up enough nerve to attempt to remove the fireplace, which turned out to be a piece of cake, there it was. So I replaced the old passive sub with a newer wireless larger powered subwoofer.

Got any pictures?? :)

AZBarry

Got any pictures?? :)

Sorry I didn't take any photos. There wasn't much of anything to see. The new sound bar installed in the same space as the old sound bar. The space behind the fireplace is the same width and height as the fireplace with approximately 15 to 16 inches of clearance behind the fireplace. You will need to leave adequate ventilation space between the subwoofer and the fireplace.