Sundance - Landing gear blown fuses

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We need a little more information so that a fellow owner might help identify your problem.
What model year is your Sundance?
Electric or hydraulic landing gear.
Perhaps there is a bind somewhere that is causing the motor to draw more amperage than your fuse can handle.

Peace
Dave

NorCal

We need a little more information so that a fellow owner might help identify your problem.
What model year is your Sundance?
Electric or hydraulic landing gear.
Perhaps there is a bind somewhere that is causing the motor to draw more amperage than your fuse can handle.

Peace
Dave
Dave,
Thanks for responding. My Sundance is a 2011. It is electric landing gear. Possible problem is extending or retracting beyound limits. Shouldn't there be a stop prior to overuse? If not, any suggestions on making one?
John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John, you are right about over extending and retracting. Many people have experienced the same thing with their electric landing gear.
If there was a stop, unless it was an electrical cut off, it would probably have the same end result. A hard stop blowing a fuse.
The one solution that has come up many times is to paint a line on the leg and use that as a guide to stop.

Peace
Davd

Oregon_Camper

The one solution that has come up many times is to paint a line on the leg and use that as a guide to stop.

You might also consider lowering your landing gear main connection to the trailer, so the legs don't have as far to travel.

mlburst1

When our rig was new, we also blew the 30 amp fuse several times - finally used a permanent marker to make a line on the legs for full extension and full retraction.

I still leave a pack of mini 30 amp fuses in the front storage compartment next to the batteries - been a long time since I've used one though...

Mike

NorCal

When our rig was new, we also blew the 30 amp fuse several times - finally used a permanent marker to make a line on the legs for full extension and full retraction.

I still leave a pack of mini 30 amp fuses in the front storage compartment next to the batteries - been a long time since I've used one though...

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I'm out the door with marking pen in hand.