switch back to antenna from direct tv

mcsquid86

We just purchased a BH 3585rl. They have it wired for direct tv. Is there a diagram to switch back to antenna? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what the previous owner did to it.
I have a 3585 and when I wired it for DTV it did nothing to the antenna signal.
What problem are you having?
If no signal, be sure that the over the air signal booster is turned on.
And you will have to tell your TV where to get the signal from. IE HDMI-1, HDMI-2, Ant, Cable.
Then you must to a channel search.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Kind of depends on how old your rig is, but there are usually two coax connectors in the living room, one for satellite and the other for the OTA antenna or a commercial TV Cable hookup. Usually the coax connector for satellite is connected to the satellite receiver and the connector for the antenna/cable is connected to the TV. Booster should be on for antenna and off for cable.

Miltp920

I just went back to antenna from direct TV myself. When I turned it on, no signal. Then I remembered to push the booster button in the bedroom (mine is in the ceiling by the TV). That did it for me.

mcsquid86

Ok I'm sorry my BH is a 2013. They have a TRAV'LER automatic multi-satellite antenna on the roof. I was able to get the bedroom tv working today, but still can't get a signal to the living TV. I've been trying every combination of wires and still no luck. This is what the bedoom look like. and then the same thing in the living area
2015-05-16%2007.18.07.jpg

donr827

On my 2013 if I wanted to switch to the antenna or cable I used the TV remote control and used the source button.
Don

danemayer

Ok I'm sorry my BH is a 2013. They have a TRAV'LER automatic multi-satellite antenna on the roof. I was able to get the bedroom tv working today, but still can't get a signal to the living TV. I've been trying every combination of wires and still no luck. This is what the bedoom look like. and then the same thing in the living area
2015-05-16%2007.18.07.jpg
The over-the-air antenna and cable TV feed come together in the bedroom at the signal booster. If you've got antenna TV in the bedroom, the next stop is usually in the pass-through basement storage area, door side. You should have a TV signal there. From there it probably goes to the living room connector. There will be a splitter in the basement, to the rear of the coax plate.

Check the connectors. Sometimes the crimps aren't perfect. You could have a loose connector somewhere in the path, or one of the ground strands could be shorting against the center connector.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
you have to use the tv remote to and go to setup and change the input signal from antenna to cable depending on which you are using.

mcsquid86

The over-the-air antenna and cable TV feed come together in the bedroom at the signal booster. If you've got antenna TV in the bedroom, the next stop is usually in the pass-through basement storage area, door side. You should have a TV signal there. From there it probably goes to the living room connector. There will be a splitter in the basement, to the rear of the coax plate.

Check the connectors. Sometimes the crimps aren't perfect. You could have a loose connector somewhere in the path, or one of the ground strands could be shorting against the center connector.
I will try that tonight. thanks