Switch for Landing Gear

curt717

Happy Campers
Hey Gang,

I had the Lippert 6 pointer installed on my unit and to start, I really, really like it. Makes setup a thousand times eaiser. No more on the blocks, off the blocks just to get it level.
Question I have is that when mine was installed they disabled the front landing gear switch. The control panel is located in the basement next to the door opening but as this the offdoor side and because I am vertically challenged (little dude) I have on occasion had trouble seeing the hitchpin in relation to the the tow hitch. Is it possible that Lippert will be doing any mods during the rally?

jnbhobe

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Hey Gang,

I had the Lippert 6 pointer installed on my unit and to start, I really, really like it. Makes setup a thousand times eaiser. No more on the blocks, off the blocks just to get it level.
Question I have is that when mine was installed they disabled the front landing gear switch. The control panel is located in the basement next to the door opening but as this the offdoor side and because I am vertically challenged (little dude) I have on occasion had trouble seeing the hitchpin in relation to the the tow hitch. Is it possible that Lippert will be doing any mods during the rally?

I think what you are asking is if the original landing gear switch can be hooked back up?? Its a real simple mod that just takes a piece of 4 wire trailer cable about 7ft long and some wire ends and scotch lock connectors. Simple job to do I can show you in Goshen I'm on site 421, I've done a few of them.

curt717

Happy Campers

Thanks Jon, yes it is the original switch, will look you up at the rally.

hillsonwheels

Be very careful when "hiring" :rolleyes: Jon to do that knd of thing. He had my bedroom slide running in and out when the buttons were pushed? :eek: But, to his credit and me not knowing WTH he was doing....he gotter did! Thanks again Jon.

Looking forward to seeing you and Patti in Goshen! Hope all's well!

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

when lippert installed my 6 point system last May, they replace my original switch with (they said a heaver one) so I could use ether switch for the front lannding gear

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

I think what you are asking is if the original landing gear switch can be hooked back up?? Its a real simple mod that just takes a piece of 4 wire trailer cable about 7ft long and some wire ends and scotch lock connectors. Simple job to do I can show you in Goshen I'm on site 421, I've done a few of them.

Jon , your in 423 and I can help you find your site if needed......LOL........I think I have some extra trailer wire harness will look today ......Kenny

jnbhobe

should know that works out good Kenny uh now you can do the job not me lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

curt717

Happy Campers

Hey Jon, what the heck are "scotch connectors"? :cool:

jnbhobe

Blue 3M wire connectors' I prob ably have some. If not Kenny or Cookie or JB have some

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

curt717

Happy Campers

Hey Guys, thanks for the info. Let me know for sure if you have what we need to do the job. Otherwise I will run out and purchase the necessary items.

porthole

Retired

Hey Jon, what the heck are "scotch connectors"? :cool:

Items for attaching wires that you should never use!

They are a shortcut instead of doing the wiring correctly. In my years in the new car dealership world they were the irritation of techs who had to fix wiring issues caused by them.

The use of scotch-loks, done correctly, damage the wire.