Tailgator vs Winegard

Grey Ghost

Tired of trying to locate the satellites manually, looking to replace our old satellite dish and tripod system with a new automatic system. Looking at either the tailgater VQ 4400 or the Winegard PA1000 Dish Playmaker. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!:cool:

esscobra

Ive had they carryout since 2011 and the x1 for about a year- never had any problems with either of them- the playmaker seems to be the same as x1 without second receiver output- tested my unit then was so happy decided to just go ahead and mount on roof- its been great, and you can find some good deals on the kit with receiver- also if you already have dish service- its just an additional 7/mo to add to your account

richheck

Seasoned Member
I have used both and believe there is no comparison between the two, X2 is the way to go. I started with the tailgater when it first came out, always had issues with many of the local HD channels even in my driveway. Finally purchased the Pathway X2 and was totally impressed. Presently carry the X2 as a backup in case of tree issues with the roof mount auto dish on my coach.

Grey Ghost

:cool: Thanks for the info, I've decided to purchase the Winegard playmaker and it is set for arrival tomorrow. Can not wait to test it out, so sick of the hours of searching for the satellite with a wish and a prayer. Now to decide to mount it on the roof or keep it moveable. I think moveable is the way for us since some of the places we camp have lots of trees. However, now to keep it safe for a thief. I think a twenty foot chain should do the trick. I've heard that they are stolen pretty fast if you don secure them. Remember the days when you could go camping and leave your camper unlocked while you drove around site seeing? Those days have pasted, sad to say! Anyhow, thanks again for the input!!