Thanks Heartlander who gave me an Adjustable foot pad

Bones

I was at a rally last year up in Pa and another Heartlander gave me an adjustable foot pad. I am terrible with names so I apologize for forgetting but wanted to say thank you. The adjustable foot has come in handy quite a few times so far and I find myself using it every time I put the gear down. Thanks again.

0501161421a.jpg0501161421.jpg

Westwind

I like those blocks, how did you make them or what I mean is what did you make them with, I'm interested in the heavy rubber pad on bottom and top? Thanks!

avvidclif

Farm supply, horse stall mats, for the rubber pads. Even better if you have a buddy with a metal shop. Con him into cutting the squares with his shear.

Bones

Yup exactly. They are the thicker Horse stall mats. I cut them into sections of 12 inches and 12 inches. I use them to help level and keep my wood blocks off the ground as well as taking some of the imperfections out of the underside of my block when on the ground.

IMG_20151104_070746.jpgIMG_20151104_083220.jpgIMG_20151104_083227.jpgIMG_20151104_083239.jpg

I chose to leave one long strip of the mat and I use it on one side of the trailer if I am having trouble leveling. If a site is sloped a lot my levelers aren't enough and the pad gives me the height I need.

1108150820b_HDR.jpg
Ignore the Blow max tires I don't have them any more.

The wood blocks are 2x4's on edge same dimensions 12 x 12 so 8 studs screwed together with a piece of plywood on-top and edge routed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
They are really nice and nice job putting them together. Thanks for sharing :)

Westwind

I found the pad material at Tractor Supply Store near us, but what did you attach the rubber paid to the wooden blocks? Looks like you must have used some type of glue, I have the blocks already but I've been wanting to find some type of rubber to the the top and bottom.

Bones

Right now I haven't used any glue yet. I'm still working on what I like best for the set up so I just keep the pads in a separate container. I may try some gorilla glue and then stain the wood to keep water out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

We use the adjustable leg extension too - no frame flex if the ground is uneven.

That looks like a sturdy leg there too.

avvidclif

I would probably park on concrete for even pressure on the bottom. Apply Gorilla glue top and bottom and pads. Put under 5er jack and with a larger piece of plywood on top (to even the load) raise the 5er. Wait 24 hours and repeat for another pair.

Myself I have 4 4x6x12" blocks. Also 4 6x8x12". Pressure treated lumber.

Westwind

I stained and sealed my blocks, they will stay looking good for a while as long as your using them on gravel or a hard surface, the last 4 years we have been on grass and dirt and the finish seems to last two seasons, I think a good enamel paint would work better and longer. That's what I'm going to try with my blocks, I want to add the rubber pads to make clean up when we leave easier. When set for 3 months on grass and dirt we lift lots of decayed grass and dirt along with the blocks when we leave. We like to rinse them off and leave the dirt/grass behind, the rubber would help make that task easier.