Theater Seating Heater Malfunction

SNOKING

Lippert has indicated that they will send heating pads plus heat wiring connectors and 5 yards of black typar to cover the bottom after repair. Since they indicated heating pads, I would assume they will replace both of them even though only one is malfunctioning. My theater seating is bolted down to the slide. They are also giving me the option to have repaired at a dealer or do it myself. Probably the biggest hassle is unbolting it and turning it over to get to the pads. Has anyone done this themselves and if so, how much work was involved? Thinking about just having them send direct to me.

I got an email this morning that they are now shipping a left hand seat on January 17th along with the right hand one that ships on January 6th. Maybe your seats are different. Chris

jbeletti

...I have the seats powered from the UPS also, so they will work when power is off.

Just last week, I picked up a small UPS off Amazon who's sole purpose will be to UPS my seats! Every travel day, of which we have more than most, we eat lunch in the RV. We fire up the gen, use the microwave, run the fireplace or ACs, use the induction stove etc. And..... I recline in my recliner and check email and make calls. More than once, I've gotten stuck in the seat when "someone" turned off the generator :) Also got stuck a couple times in a CG when the power went out.

$40 and soon, peace of mind and no recliner strandings :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just last week, I picked up a small UPS off Amazon who's sole purpose will be to UPS my seats! Every travel day, of which we have more than most, we eat lunch in the RV. We fire up the gen, use the microwave, run the fireplace or ACs, use the induction stove etc. And..... I recline in my recliner and check email and make calls. More than once, I've gotten stuck in the seat when "someone" turned off the generator :) Also got stuck a couple times in a CG when the power went out.

$40 and soon, peace of mind and no recliner strandings :)

No more "roughing it" for you!

Poking fun aside, I think it's a good idea. We have one to add to our TV and components with it, so we don't miss a moment. Lol!

Already have one for the computer, monitor, router and printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Erika - my Lazy Boy recliners at home have a power supply with built in battery backup. I think they take a bunch of 9v batteries. Trying to find out if Lippert's furniture has an available battery backup power supply. Doubting it though.

SNOKING

Erika - my Lazy Boy recliners at home have a power supply with built in battery backup. I think they take a bunch of 9v batteries. Trying to find out if Lippert's furniture has an available battery backup power supply. Doubting it though.

I doubt any seating with heaters has the power pack option. We put electric recliner love seat in our SOB before trading it in. It had the option of a power pack. Chris

RVFun4Us

Well, I started this thread back in early January. LCI sent new heat pads to be installed. Since I wanted to take our fifth wheel down to our dealer for completion of a couple of other things before the one year warranty expired, I had them install the heat pad. The dealer showed me the old heat pad and it had scorch marks around the coils. When we got back to the campground, we tried the new pad out. Wow, talk about epic failure. The new heat pad kept getting hotter and hotter. Burn your buns time hot within a couple of minutes. I quickly unplugged that side of the seating. Contacted Heartland and LCI. LCI apologized and indicated they would send new seating to us and would look up the part number. Well, yesterday I received an email from LCI indicating they no longer had the seating in Beckham Tan which surprised me because I thought the interior shades were Buckskin. That is what was indicated on the spec sheet when I purchased it. So first, I need to find out whether I have Beckham Tan or Buckskin or are they the same? LCI indicated they could send me the right hand seating and left hand seating in Hubris Putty which according to them is a shade darker. But if the seating color doesn't match the back of the theater seating or the couch, then it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how was it resolved. I am sending a photo of my theater seating. Can anyone tell me what color scheme they think this is (Buckskin or Beckham Tan)? My unit is a 2016 so assuming they have changed color schemes from 2016 to 2017. Am I being unreasonable in questioning the color mismatch within the coach if I have them send the Hubris Putty color scheme?

Appreciate any feedback on this. I will be contacting LCI on Monday so need to make a decision as to how to proceed.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 56

SNOKING

That looks the same as our Buckskin interior. The picture I posted in post #20 shows our color well. They replaced both the left and right side of ours in January because the heaters both failed. We have the center console between them. Our build sheet/factory invoice states buckskin. Trailer is an early 2017 built in March 2016.

I think I might be calling these people to see if they have a pad that works on 29V power supply. I think maybe they installed pads for lower voltage seats.

http://www.recliner-handles.com/heat-pad-used-in-berkline-and-pdc-heated-recliners-and-chairs.html

TravelTiger

The color looks like what they gave us, we got an upgraded reclining/heated/massage loveseat in February of 2016 -- exactly what they were putting into Bighorns at the time. It's called Buckskin, and was the same as "Vienna" color in the Big Country furniture.

Coincidentally, my heat has quit working, but we have not looked to see what the exact issue might be.

RVFun4Us

Thanks everyone. I will contact LPI tomorrow and see if they made a mistake on the "Buckskin" theme. DW does not want a color mismatch in the rig so going with darker seats and lighter backs along with the Buckskin couch doesn't work for us. Hopefully they can find Buckskin seats somewhere. If not, we may just opt to keep what we have and not use the heated portion of the seats. Everything else on them works fine.

RVFun4Us

Well, we received the new complete theater seating yesterday from LPI. And it was the Buckskin theme so we are happy with that. Now just need to bring our 3270 home from Portland, Oregon area (150 miles away), in April so I can install. I was wondering for those that have replaced the theater seating, what did you do with the old one? Obviously, the heat portion on at least one side does not work, but the rest is usable (massage, open, close, lighting). And I realize for those that had it replaced at a dealer, that the dealer probably kept the old one. But for those doing it themselves, what did you do?

TravelTiger

Well, we received the new complete theater seating yesterday from LPI. And it was the Buckskin theme so we are happy with that. Now just need to bring our 3270 home from Portland, Oregon area (150 miles away), in April so I can install. I was wondering for those that have replaced the theater seating, what did you do with the old one? Obviously, the heat portion on at least one side does not work, but the rest is usable (massage, open, close, lighting). And I realize for those that had it replaced at a dealer, that the dealer probably kept the old one. But for those doing it themselves, what did you do?

You could offer it for sale in CraigsList. Someone nearby might take it, and love the features it does have.

Kinda funny, my heat is out on my side, but I almost always have a cat in my lap. The only time the seat heat was on was touching the button by mistake!

SNOKING

Lippert told us to dispose with them anyway we wanted. So, they may go in our new park model that is just completing.

Waiting for deck railings and final county inspection.

Bighorn will remain summer residence.

Chris

RVFun4Us

I brought my fifth wheel home last week and installed my new theater seating by myself. Other than struggling to get the old one out (heavy base), everything went well. Put the old one in my media room for the time being. All functions work on the new one except for the lockout on one side. When you push the button to lock out, nothing happens. The other side works fine. No big deal though. Happy I have that behind me.

SNOKING

I brought my fifth wheel home last week and installed my new theater seating by myself. Other than struggling to get the old one out (heavy base), everything went well. Put the old one in my media room for the time being. All functions work on the new one except for the lockout on one side. When you push the button to lock out, nothing happens. The other side works fine. No big deal though. Happy I have that behind me.

"button to lock out" I would check the plugs on the control box that is up under the underside of the base unit on one side.

One of our new ones is making a snap or pop noise while opening that I need to figure out.

We actual moved the center console to the park model and moved the table over half that distance to give more room around the table. We will try that while we live in the trailer this summer. If we do not like not having it, then next year we will take it for the summer. We "stored" the broken OEM seats here in the new park model.