Thermo switches from cool to furnace

Capt7383

Our 2014 BC 3070re routinely switches from cool to furnace by itself. This only happens with the dometic thermostat in the kitchen area,never with the bedroom thermo. Any ideas

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

danemayer

How do you know it's switching modes? Is the mode indicator on the thermostat changing, or are you observing some abnormal behavior, like the A/C blower running while set on HEAT?

Capt7383

The furnace doesn't come on, but it disables the a.c. until you switch it back

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sounds like you have the Dometic Single Zone LCD thermostat. If so, I'd pop the cover off and look at the micro switch under the mode button. Also examine the cover for damage. And while under the covers, check the wire connections.
Dometic LCD Single Zone Thermostat.jpg

farside291

Ours may have also done that the other day. It was 101 outside and I noticed it felt warmer, looked at the temperature in the RV and it had risen to 89. Checked the thermostat and it was set to furnace. Thought maybe someone had bumped the thermostat coming down the stairs or maybe inadvertently switched it. Hmm. Now it got me wondering. Its only done it the one time.

farside291

Yes, that is mine. I will pop the cover and check if anything is loose in there. I am guessing someone must have bumped the thermostat and if something is loose that caused it to change modes. I have elderly in-laws that go up and down the stairs often and are hugging the wall that has the thermostat and hand rail as well.

Capt7383

I figured it out. When you open the bathroom door all the way the moulding on the door hits the mode button thereby switching to furnace. Dohhhh