Tire Concerns!

mobilcastle

I am specifically talking about Goodyear G 114 which is a direct match to Sailon 637. I am not talking about Goodyear Marathons. I thought that was clear in my previous post. As I said before if you like Goodyear tires pay the price and run them. I think Goodyear is way out of line on pricing. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilcastle

Rv.net gives a lot of tire information in reference to a lot of different trailer manufactures so you get a much bigger and more informative picture of the Goodyear G114 blowouts. It is very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

SeattleLion makes some good points. I became concerned about TowMax tires because of many posts on this site. After much research, reading Rober Marble's blog http://www.rvtiresafety.net/ and several communications with Roger, many of my concerns have eased. Roger's advice to me...install a TPMS, check you tires regularly for out of round/bulges, know the weight of your rig and don't exceed the Dual Load rating of your tires (lower pressure) and shoot for a 10% margin. Also, form me, remember these tires are maxed out at 65 mph. Will this alleviate all potential problem. Probably not. There are always potholes and other road hazards. But following Roger's advice I feel I at least have a fighting chance.