Tire covers

1231ChaseB

Hi all ! Here's one i thought would be interesting to kick around ! I have the Cyclone 3912 with triple axle's and 16 inch tire's ! Just wondering what's being done by anyone to cover these tire's ! I suppose it wouldn't hurt to cover them when out in the weather but it appears that covers are made for 14 & 15 inch tire's and NOT the 16 inch !
chaseb

sjs731

I have tandem tire covers for 16" wheels from Camping World. Actually mine went by tire diameter so they fit my 16" wheels.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have black tandem covers on my 16" tires, also. I went to a small RV dealer near home and had them order the set for me.

porthole

Retired
Chase you can get them if you look.

I cover my tires on one side when the trailer is going to sit more then a 2 weeks or so. I only have a sun issue on the right side, left never sees sun in the driveway.
I don't cover when we are out on the road.

frumbawa

Got mine at Camping World. They fit fine.

I don't normally cover my tires on weekend outings but for longer periods or storage at the house, I always cover.

Frank

Wharton

We had a neat tire cover made at a rally years ago. Essentially it snapped onto the side of the trailer and protected the tires. Thought we could get these again when we bought our BH but the slideouts stopped that idea. We generally dislike the tire covers that are sold so my DW made us tire covers with outdoor fabric that are easy to get on and off. We only cover when parked for extended time.

hillsonwheels

Had mine made up by a guy at a campground. He used a heavy duty screen fabric and stainless steel snaps to attach them to the Bighorn. Use them both at home and while on the road when sun is extreme. Don't really need one on the ODS if slides are extended. But, for looks, I had it made up and do use it. Down side of the screen fabric is that it is abrasive and can mar the paint surface when blown by the wind. As you have read above, there are many ways to skin the cat.

i have a 3912 also,i put a large tandem cover on two of the wheels and then used a single large cover for the remaing tire,i bought them at camping world when they were on sale buy one get one free