Tire Info

convert

Reginald Hromek
Am interested in upgrading the truck tires from 245 to 265. With my new BH I am only 40lbs from the max carrying capacity on the 245"s. Does any one have info on the Uniroyal Liberator AT MS tire. Pro's and Cons. This is the tire i"m looking at. Was told it was produced by Michelin. Any truth to this? Any one own this tire?

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTTOYS

Reg, Uniroyal is now a part of Michelin which also owns B.F. Goodrich. I haven't owned any Uniroyals but I've had plenty of Michelins and b.f. Goodrich tires. I've had really good luck with all of them and would think the Uniroyals would be just as good. You don't just don't see many of them anymore....See you next Summer...Don

Netem

I don't know how they will do on your truck but I have them on my Jeep and it seems I can't to wear them out.

GOTTOYS

Just a thought. What about moving up to a heavier load range in the same size. That won't mess with your gear ratios. IE: go from a load range E to a load range G. You might have to check your wheels and see what they are rated for. It may require a higher rated rim for the extra load capacity. Possible you could get by with just new rear tires that way as the diameter wouldn't change....Don

convert

Reginald Hromek
Don thanks for the info
Have one question. This tire is sold exclusively thru Wal mart. How do I know if it is built to Michelin Specs or Wal Mart, or doesn't this happen? Do you have any info on this?

GOTTOYS

In my opinion...Wal Mart probably doesn't have anybody that can design a tire and then contract it out to be manufactured to their specs. They probably just get an exclusive right to sell a particular brand of tire with a proprietary name on the side like "Uniroyal Wally World Special Deluxe" or some such thing. In reality it is the same as a lot of other Uniroyal tires but it just comes out of the mold with something different written on the side that is exclusive to Wal Mart. Some of the Michelins that Sams Club and Wal Mart sell are that way, Sears has a similar arrangement for several tires as do some of the large chain type tire stores. They are all built to a spec as provided by the manufacturer but may have a unique tread pattern or sidewall pattern but are probably not that different from the generic versions. I have purchased tires from all these places and not had any problems with them....Don

Netem

The tires were new on the old Jeep when I bought it and I was going to go with larger tires when they wear out but they just keep going.