tire seperation club

1231ChaseB

Today as we we're almost to our destination in Fl. i had a Tow Max lose it's tread ! Boy what a mess it made out of the side of my Cyclone !
I was so proud of the fact that i had just put a set of 507 tire monitor's on it so i could keep track of the tire pressure and heat !
That tire tread came off and the tire never lost one pound of tire pressure ! RAT'S Time to call the insurance man i guess !
chaseb

jbeletti

Chase - as a suggestion, save the carcass and call Tredit on Monday (number's on the forum portal). Start claims with them. Some have been successful with this, some have not. Worth a try and may save you a deductible.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Chase,Sorry to hear about the tire trouble. I'm curious, did the temperature on that tire noticeably increase at all?

tmcran

Chase - as a suggestion, save the carcass and call Tredit on Monday (number's on the forum portal). Start claims with them. Some have been successful with this, some have not. Worth a try and may save you a deductible.

Jim

Why would anyone want to put another china bomb on their RV.

GOTTOYS

Yup..If you're lucky they will send you a new one....So you can do it all over again...Don

1231ChaseB

That tire and the others we're not even close to being hot ! Because this 507 was new to me i kept a constant eye on it all the time ! If anyone is curious i wondered if i was going to need a repeater and it worked fine and also when i put the bad tire on the spare tire hanger underneath it still gave a signal !
chaseb

Zoomzoommo

Dropping my Goodyear G614's by the Cyclone dealer next week, so they'll be mounted prior to the PDI on my 3110. TowMax tires will go on Craigslist.

Lynn1130

Unless something has changed since my experience last March, you will be referred to Dynamic Tire in Ontario CA once you contact Treadit. Save the original tire, and if you remove/replace the other tires save them. Take photos of everything and document your experience with the tire monitor. AND, it would not hurt and may help greatly if you take the damaged tire to your local Discount/BigO or what ever you have where you are and get several evaluations on the cause of the tire failure.

scottyb

Sorry to hear for your damage but thank you for making this incident public. I was totally oblivious to the plight of these tires, until after I made the deal and pulled it home. It was reports like yours that made the decision for me and maybe other newbies will learn about them before they finalize their deal, like zoomzoomo did. The $2200 hit was a hard pill to swallow right after making such a huge investment. I have mine listed here in the For Sale forum, but didn't really expect any takers. i don't have the time or patience to do the craigslist.

sjs731

Dropping my Goodyear G614's by the Cyclone dealer next week, so they'll be mounted prior to the PDI on my 3110. TowMax tires will go on Craigslist.

I couldn't mentally make myself sell those Towmax bombs to someone knowing what might happen. I just let the tire shop keep them. They only had about 500 miles on them. I'm sure they found a buyer and made a buck. I sleep better knowing I wasn't the reseller.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Sorry to hear for your damage but thank you for making this incident public. I was totally oblivious to the plight of these tires, until after I made the deal and pulled it home. It was reports like yours that made the decision for me and maybe other newbies will learn about them before they finalize their deal, like zoomzoomo did. The $2200 hit was a hard pill to swallow right after making such a huge investment. I have mine listed here in the For Sale forum, but didn't really expect any takers. i don't have the time or patience to do the craigslist.
My two year old Towmax sold in one day on Craigs List for $200. Not much patience required. Clean one up, put a little tire spray on it, post a picture on your ad and you are good to go. Couldn't take more than 15 minutes.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

After my blowout, I had five left. I put four on one of my landscape trailers. They're E rated tires towing at most now 10,000 lbs. on four tires. 98% of the time, it'll only be about 6,000 lbs. believe it or not, one of them couldn't even handle that. I noticed my equipment shaking while going down the road and sure enough, one of the TowMax's had started to bulge in one section. My theory is the tread was starting to separate on it but had just begun the process. Since it wasn't too heavy, I guess it wouldn't happen as fast as they did when the one immediately blew apart underneath the Cyclone.

Anyway, my last four are doing OK. But like I said, they're E rated tires typically carrying an average weight of 1500 lbs. per tire.

GOTTOYS

I couldn't mentally make myself sell those Towmax bombs to someone knowing what might happen. I just let the tire shop keep them. They only had about 500 miles on them. I'm sure they found a buyer and made a buck. I sleep better knowing I wasn't the reseller.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sold mine on Craig's. There weren't many interested parties even at $200.00 for all four almost new tires. Their reputation follows them around. I think they're out helping some Farmer spread manure if they're still holding air..Don